The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Anonymous
Anon cos I use this for student-y things (not a student at the mo tho which is significant to my Q, lol) and this is personal.

I spend almost all my time by myself. I don't think I especially like my company/myself and I'm not 'happy', but I don't think I get 'lonely' either. My mum, dad, doctor, psychiatrist etc. etc. all tell me how 'unhealthy' it is and in papers, telly I see people saying how they 'can't be alone' and on this forum I think I've seen a thread like 'I have an afternoon to myself, what should I do with it?' like it's some big deal.

I have my mum who I see daily and spend an hr or two with in the eves (and live with) so that's a massive massive difference from having no one and I am grateful for that.

Is this that weird? See title - how much time do YOU/could YOU (I know ppl on here like talking about themselves...!) spend alone... and what's 'normal'?

I can spend hours by myself, I spend whole nights by myself. I enjoy it. I get irritated easily by people.
Anonymous
Anon cos I use this for student-y things (not a student at the mo tho which is significant to my Q, lol) and this is personal.

I spend almost all my time by myself. I don't think I especially like my company/myself and I'm not 'happy', but I don't think I get 'lonely' either. My mum, dad, doctor, psychiatrist etc. etc. all tell me how 'unhealthy' it is and in papers, telly I see people saying how they 'can't be alone' and on this forum I think I've seen a thread like 'I have an afternoon to myself, what should I do with it?' like it's some big deal.

I have my mum who I see daily and spend an hr or two with in the eves (and live with) so that's a massive massive difference from having no one and I am grateful for that.

Is this that weird? See title - how much time do YOU/could YOU (I know ppl on here like talking about themselves...!) spend alone... and what's 'normal'?

Since when did not being social become the trademark of an insane person?
I spend the entire day every day alone (except when going to lectures/seminars). I never go out, I never have friends over and only occasionally do I see and interact with my housemates in the kitchen.
I really don't get whats the big deal with not being with other people.
I badly wish I could spend more time alone, consider yourselves lucky
Reply 63
I spend quite a lot of time on my own. Getting pissed on your own and watching a film is great fun.
Reply 64
Original post by Anonymous
I spent a lot of last summer alone. I was pretty much depressed and suicidal by the end. Then I made new friends in sixth form who are actually social and now I probably couldn't spend more than a weekend without seeing someone outside of my family.

Wow this is my story exactly, hopefully it will get even better at uni! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
I prefer my own company but don't see the need in spending excessive time with my friends (if that sounds right xD), I see my friends everyday at uni, always every Saturdays for football and the odd day to the cinemas (usually twice a month). That's enough time spending with friends and people :L. Time alone allows me to relax and actually do my revision notes, reading or play my PS4 in peace.
I'm moody. I could go on for weeks without seeing a soul. And sometimes I like company of friends and family. Me is strange. :erm:
Locking this as the thread is almost 4 years old.
Locked due to age of thread

Latest