Turn on thread page Beta

How much time do you/could you spend alone? What's 'normal'? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon cos I use this for student-y things (not a student at the mo tho which is significant to my Q, lol) and this is personal.

I spend almost all my time by myself. I don't think I especially like my company/myself and I'm not 'happy', but I don't think I get 'lonely' either. My mum, dad, doctor, psychiatrist etc. etc. all tell me how 'unhealthy' it is and in papers, telly I see people saying how they 'can't be alone' and on this forum I think I've seen a thread like 'I have an afternoon to myself, what should I do with it?' like it's some big deal.

I have my mum who I see daily and spend an hr or two with in the eves (and live with) so that's a massive massive difference from having no one and I am grateful for that.

Is this that weird? See title - how much time do YOU/could YOU (I know ppl on here like talking about themselves...!) spend alone... and what's 'normal'?
    I can spend hours by myself, I spend whole nights by myself. I enjoy it. I get irritated easily by people.

Anon cos I use this for student-y things (not a student at the mo tho which is significant to my Q, lol) and this is personal.

I spend almost all my time by myself. I don't think I especially like my company/myself and I'm not 'happy', but I don't think I get 'lonely' either. My mum, dad, doctor, psychiatrist etc. etc. all tell me how 'unhealthy' it is and in papers, telly I see people saying how they 'can't be alone' and on this forum I think I've seen a thread like 'I have an afternoon to myself, what should I do with it?' like it's some big deal.

I have my mum who I see daily and spend an hr or two with in the eves (and live with) so that's a massive massive difference from having no one and I am grateful for that.

Is this that weird? See title - how much time do YOU/could YOU (I know ppl on here like talking about themselves...!) spend alone... and what's 'normal'?
    Since when did not being social become the trademark of an insane person?
    I spend the entire day every day alone (except when going to lectures/seminars). I never go out, I never have friends over and only occasionally do I see and interact with my housemates in the kitchen.
    I really don't get whats the big deal with not being with other people.

I badly wish I could spend more time alone, consider yourselves lucky

ReputationRep:
    I spend quite a lot of time on my own. Getting pissed on your own and watching a film is great fun.

ReputationRep:
    I spent a lot of last summer alone. I was pretty much depressed and suicidal by the end. Then I made new friends in sixth form who are actually social and now I probably couldn't spend more than a weekend without seeing someone outside of my family.
    Wow this is my story exactly, hopefully it will get even better at uni!

ReputationRep:
    I prefer my own company but don't see the need in spending excessive time with my friends (if that sounds right xD), I see my friends everyday at uni, always every Saturdays for football and the odd day to the cinemas (usually twice a month). That's enough time spending with friends and people :L. Time alone allows me to relax and actually do my revision notes, reading or play my PS4 in peace.

ReputationRep:
    I'm moody. I could go on for weeks without seeing a soul. And sometimes I like company of friends and family. Me is strange. :erm:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Locking this as the thread is almost 4 years old.

ReputationRep:
    Locked due to age of thread

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2013
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.