Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I overreacting to obesity in Britain? watch

(Original post by fox_the_fix)
    That girl with fat rolls sounds grotesque.
    I hate fat people, they're vile, disgusting and lack self-respect. We should just cull them like the animals they are.
    I hate skinny queer **** who post homo-erotic pictures of themselves on their profile, we should just cull them like the animals they are.

ReputationRep:
    What a horrible thread. I don't know anyone who I would consider genuinely obese but if I did I wouldn't treat them like some sort of sub-human. And to be honest I think that if you're disgusted by looking at a girl who is a size 14 then you've got a bigger problem than she does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diomedes)
    I hate skinny queer **** who post homo-erotic pictures of themselves on their profile, we should just cull them like the animals they are.
    http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/7176/umad23xv.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supersteiger)
    What a horrible thread. I don't know anyone who I would consider genuinely obese but if I did I wouldn't treat them like some sort of sub-human. And to be honest I think that if you're disgusted by looking at a girl who is a size 14 then you've got a bigger problem than she does.
    Exactly.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Omg not a size 14 :eek:

It's none of your business what she wears. Maybe you should avoid shops like that in the future so you don't infect others with your superiority complex:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Dam doctors for coming up with the gastric band.

Fatties just know that once they had one too many cakes, the NHS will save their ass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzseeker)
    I'm about 6ft and weigh 9 stone, so I'm about a size 8/10. I hate it whenever I go shopping though because I'm always surrounded by girls who don't seem to give a toss about how they look. Yesterday when I went into Miss Selfridge, there was a girl who was wearing a sleeveless top, and had the biggest rolls of underarm fat you've seen in your life (she was quite easily a size 14). I just looked over with a sort of, 'have some respect :rolleyes:' look. It makes me feel bad enough when I get a bit porky and go up to a size 12, and when these girls don't care about going out looking like heffers, I actually find it quite upsetting.

Am I overreacting, or is this a normal reaction to what is becoming an obese society?
    OP, it's not their problem, really. If you look down on chubby girls, I advise you to become less shallow - your problem is ridiculous. Oh and this girl evidently felt comfortable with herself, that's why she was wearing a sleeveless top, stop patronising people like her.

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing wrong with being a size 14...
    I have a friend who is skinny as hell but is size 14 because she has broad shoulders and is tall. Don't be so prejudice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    They haven't made a choice to be overweight. They've made the choice of not having any respect for their body or health by having such a disgusting diet. Fat people are just lazy.
    With the health bit, that's true from people who do extreme sports to smokers. With the no respect for their body bit, that's almost as true for people who just constantly eat junk and even more so for the deluded models/etc who starve themselves.
    With the lazy bit, ever considered that not being very active doesn't negate the possibility of being active on computers/etc? At least a fair proportion of the chubby people I know don't spend their lives screwing up everyone else's education and actually try in lessons, unlike most of the school.

ReputationRep:
    had the biggest rolls of underarm fat you've seen in your life (she was quite easily a size 14)

yeah sure cause a size 14 is huge :rolleyes:

and yes you are over reacting, its got nothing to do with you what other people look like, just worry about yourself and let others worry about themselves and if they dont worry then tough luck, some people have more to their life than how they look, you clearly dont

ReputationRep:
    i think "ew" when i see dead fat people. they also amuse me somewhat, and i generally think being very fat shows a persons character - i.e. too weak to stop ******* eating, no self respect etc.

i can think what i like about them, and laugh at them all i want. but that doesnt make it any of my business how much these people eat, nor does it make it ok for the government to spend my money advertising to me how i should "change for life" and other BS.

ReputationRep:
    As a fat person, I have A LOT of self-respect. Hey, if I didn't, I wouldn't be fat.

ReputationRep:
    I'm about 6ft and weigh 9 stone, so I'm about a size 8/10. I hate it whenever I go shopping though because I'm always surrounded by girls who don't seem to give a toss about how they look. Yesterday when I went into Miss Selfridge, there was a girl who was wearing a sleeveless top, and had the biggest rolls of underarm fat you've seen in your life (she was quite easily a size 14). I just looked over with a sort of, 'have some respect :rolleyes:' look. It makes me feel bad enough when I get a bit porky and go up to a size 12, and when these girls don't care about going out looking like heffers, I actually find it quite upsetting.

Am I overreacting, or is this a normal reaction to what is becoming an obese society?
    Yes. It's none of your business how people look if they themselves are comfortable with how they look. Stop being so judgemental.

And I'd hardly say being a size 14 makes someone a 'heffer'.

ReputationRep:
    yes, you are overreacting. why worry about something like this if it doesn't affect you?

concentrate on your own life and leave these poor girls alone. they could just as easily laugh at you for being so tall.

ReputationRep:
    :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    so a size 14 is obese now? :facepalm: OP you are a disgrace to womankind

ReputationRep:
    I am obese but my problem is mainly getting rid of fat I gained when I was ill for one and just after I had a family death so lost interest in a structured diet.

Still I dont eat cakes or stuff my face though, tbh I had a empire biscuit last weekend and that was first cake I had since Christmas day when I had a very small piece of christmas pudding as I dont like cake and not fond of sweets.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be more surprised that she's wearing a sleeveless top in this weather, it's freezing!

ReputationRep:

I feel the exact same.

ReputationRep:
    Oh look, another "fat people are disgusting" thread. We haven't had one for a while.

I love how people are all "fat people are disgusting because they have no respect for themselves or their health". Yes, being fat is unhealthy, there's no denying that. But what about smokers? That's unhealthy. Heavy drinkers, drug users etc. It's all bad for you.

It seems like on TSR, being fat is the only unhealthy thing a person can do.

I also can't see why people moan about looking at fat people. If they are that awful, look away. As long as you're not fat, what's the problem? I dislike smokers, but I wouldn't be all "OMGZ SMOKERS R SICK" because as long as they aren't blowing their smoke into my face or anything, it's their body and their choice.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.