Turn on thread page Beta

Am I overreacting to obesity in Britain? watch

ReputationRep:
    Size 14 is hardly obese... but I did go out shopping the other day and couldn't get over how many fat people there actually are out there! At least every other person is overweight. But what can you do? I reckon they should make fruit and veg half price and make up the price on junk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Weight lifters are 'fat' for a reason.
    How can you fail English (I'm assuming that's the U)? Foreign speakers who went to schools requiring special measures can get A grades... Sorry, I've always looked down on English speakers who couldn't grasp the language.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    Believe it or not, people don't make decisions based on what you like and what you don't like. :sigh:
    Thank you captain ******* obvious.
    You're suggestion people have made the rational choice of choosing to be fat which I find hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failed123)
    How can you fail English (I'm assuming that's the U)? Foreign speakers who went to schools requiring special measures can get A grades... Sorry, I've always looked down on English speakers who couldn't grasp the language.
    I missed the exams

ReputationRep:
    You're suggestion people have made the rational choice of choosing to be fat which I find hilarious.
    Just like annorexic people make the "rational" choice of making themselves ill.

Either way, its not your problem so leave the fatties alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananacake14)
    Size 14 is hardly obese... but I did go out shopping the other day and couldn't get over how many fat people there actually are out there! At least every other person is overweight. But what can you do? I reckon they should make fruit and veg half price and make up the price on junk
    Fruit and veg is cheap as it is. If you crave a Mars bar, you'll buy one regardless... I don't like chocolate though, and I'm still an obese size 14 :mmm: If it wasn't for that pain in the backside depression, I'd be a size 12; bummer :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually an athlete, my body is merely a byproduct of that. Just as a person with a lazy life style has a disgusting body.

I don't need to clutch the straws. Everything you've said to me is dull and hasn't even inspired me to respond.
    - I think being fat is disgusting
    - Therefore, IMO, no one would want to be fat unless it was necessary
    = People who are fat, for no reason = lazy as they can't be bothered to lose the weight
    How wonderful it is to wind up the simple minded -'fitness freaks' on here!
    1) "hasn't even inspired me to respond." - And yet, apparantly you have - why? - Hypocrite
    2) "I think being fat is disgusting" - Don't get me wrong, I don't think being fat is a good thing, but its one end of the extreme, the other is being too concerned about how you look, what you eat how much exercise you do.
    3)"no one would want to be fat unless it was necessary" I don't think anybody wants to be fat, its a case of getting rid of it. For some its harder than others due to metabolism. Its like intelligence. No-one wants to be a moron (and if you do you don't deserve to live) but some people work hard to get the grades, but aren't naturally clever.
    Some people work hard to lose weight, but aren't naturallu skinny.

ReputationRep:
    I missed the exams
    That's intelligent. Clearly, if you have money, you can go anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Do you really think you're in a position to comment on other people's figures, then? :rofl:
    Excuse me, I'm far from fat thank you very much. I actually can say no to cream buns and that extra pork pie.

ReputationRep:
    Fruit and veg is cheap as it is. If you crave a Mars bar, you'll buy one regardless... I don't like chocolate though, and I'm still an obese size 14 :mmm: If it wasn't for that pain in the backside depression, I'd be a size 12; bummer :rolleyes:
    :rofl:

so true.

ReputationRep:
    Either way, its not your problem so leave the fatties alone.
    It is my problem, it is your problem and it is societies problem.
    If people can't discipline themselves into not eating that extra cake, or just don't feel like exercising and would rather watch TV it spawns laziness, idleness and allows people to lose their self-respect. I don't want to live in a place with people like that, nor do you.

Not to mention the fact that tax payers have to pay for treatment for those with fat-related illnesses at our oh so lovely NHS.

ReputationRep:
    :O :O size 14 wow she must have been a heffer :curious:
    who are you to judge

ReputationRep:
    That's intelligent. Clearly, if you have money, you can go anywhere.
    Actually I broke my neck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzseeker)
    Excuse me, I'm far from fat thank you very much. I actually can say no to cream buns and that extra pork pie.
    Clearly that wasn't my insinuation.

You sound like you've got the figure of a prepubescent boy who's had an early growth spurt. Lanky as ****.

Sexy.

ReputationRep:
    i choose to be fat, what of it?

ReputationRep:
    If people can't discipline themselves into not eating that extra cake, or just don't feel like exercising and would rather watch TV it spawns laziness, idleness and allows people to lose their self-respect. I don't want to live in a place with people like that, nor do you.

Not to mention the fact that tax payers have to pay for treatment for those with fat-related illnesses at our oh so lovely NHS.
    No, you're in no position to tell me what I want and what I don't want.

You're a fat-phobic and you need to get over yourself. There are people of all sizes in this country and you need to accept that.

And just for the record: I'm fat, I CAN resist that extra cake and I CAN be bothered to go to the gym, as I have done so just this afternoon. So your generalisation is clearly...well, stupid is the only word I can think of.

ReputationRep:

Oh dear, I've just accused you of being a hypocrite and you've walked right into the trap and proved it again. "it spawns laziness, idleness" - and yet you 'missed' your exam, that to me implies laziness/idleness!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bun)
    Oh dear, I've just accused you of being a hypocrite and you've walked right into the trap and proved it again. "it spawns laziness, idleness" - and yet you 'missed' your exam, that to me implies laziness/idleness!
    I missed my exam because I broke my neck. Yes obviously it is because I'm oh so lazy.

God I hope you don't play chess.

ReputationRep:
    No, you're in no position to tell me what I want and what I don't want.

You're a fat-phobic and you need to get over yourself. There are people of all sizes in this country and you need to accept that.

And just for the record: I'm fat, I CAN resist that extra cake and I CAN be bothered to go to the gym, as I have done so just this afternoon. So your generalisation is clearly...well, stupid is the only word I can think of.
    Well then if you're fat, and love it so much - why bother with the gym, why not just eat that extra piece of cake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    i choose to be fat, what of it?
    I think you should seek medical help.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.