Central saint martins clearing?? Watch

emma0992
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Does anyone know what happens if you are unsuccessfull for the foundation art and design course at any of the university of the arts london, is there clearing? and how do you get a place on a course at one of the other collages??? its not clear on porfolio advice letter? I havnt heard if ive been unsucessful yet but if i dont get in i want to know what to do to get on a foundation course at lcf!!?
mintyninja
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
College*. Clearing is a feature of UCAS and as you are not using UCAS to apply for your course you will not be able to go to clearing if you get turned down. You have to apply elsewhere yourself, as with any other college subject. Ask the colleges you are interested in directly or look at their website for information. You should expect to be very independent with your learning if you are applying for a foundation course so probably time to get a head start. Hope that's useful.x
hrjlloyd
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
no thats wrong, all the university of the arts london colleges have an internal clearing system for foundation courses. Just contact them and ask advice if you are unsuccessful at CSM... i had a CSM interview on friday
hrjlloyd
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
no thats wrong, all the university of the arts london colleges have an internal clearing system for foundation courses. Just contact them and ask advice if you are unsuccessful at CSM... i had a CSM interview on friday
eeriikaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got rejected from Chelsea when applying for my foundation last year. Assuming it's the same and that you only get to choose one college to apply to this year, then if you're unsuccessful you may be offered a place at whichever of the other colleges still has spaces on their foundation course. In my case last year, there were only places left at Camberwell, Wimbledon and LCF (I think..). But even if you do decide to try for clearing at another UAL college, this doesn't mean that you'll definitely get in. You'll still have to have another portfolio review and it still may be likely that you could be rejected again, as I found out, aha. Good luck though!
emma0992
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
thank you! yea that sounds the same as this year, but you can put down a second choice of college as well so im hopeing if i dont get in CSM i might get a place at my second choice! but probly not lol i think you need just as much luck as talent to get a place on these courses!

I had my portfolio interveiw on wednesday, this week is going to go so slow im already franticly going through the post haha good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.54%
No (200)
72.46%

Watched Threads