Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I got this offer through email from Queen Mary a while ago:

"Dear Applicant,
    Thank you for your application for the LLB programme in this Law School. I am pleased to tell you that I am recommending you for a place. This is subject to checks made by the Admissions Office on all successful applicants, to ensure that the entry requirements are satisfied. The formal offer will be made to you via UCAS but the Admissions Office will also write with details of the offer. In the meantime I am inviting you to come to an Open Day in the Law School on....."

Does anyone know why this hasn't been done through UCAS, it has almost been 2 weeks since I recieved this and still no word. If anyone has any thoughts or recieved this aswell, I welcome our ideas.

ReputationRep:
    go to the open day and you should receive your offer on track after it (:

ReputationRep:
    It's unofficial; you won't be officially offered a place until the open day, so it won't show up on Track.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I hope you're right!

ReputationRep:
    I had that last year, where the admissions tutor recommended me for an offer and, within a week, the offer was formalised on Track. I went to the open day 3 months later, as I received the letter in December, and the open day was in March.

I just got a straight offer this year, with no letter of recommendation.

ReputationRep:
    I got my offer through track.. and I actually love Queen Mary after visiting it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I_am_Mr_Brightside)
    I got my offer through track.. and I actually love Queen Mary after visiting it!
    What do you like about QM?

ReputationRep:
    I got the same email. Yh u'll love the open day and offer should be no probs afterwards!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ailin350)
    What do you like about QM?
    Well its a campus uni, and its in london... so you've got the best of both worlds.
    Also the faculty were great and really nice, so were the students I spoke to. I can't wait to go in September!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I_am_Mr_Brightside)
    Well its a campus uni, and its in london... so you've got the best of both worlds.
    Also the faculty were great and really nice, so were the students I spoke to. I can't wait to go in September!
    I see. I visited there, and I like the friendly UG admission officer. The surrounding of QMUL really is not impressive.
    The only advantage is that it's in London, but just not in the best part of London.

ReputationRep:
    I see. I visited there, and I like the friendly UG admission officer. The surrounding of QMUL really is not impressive.
    The only advantage is that it's in London, but just not in the best part of London.
    Yeah he was a nice guy, ideally I would have preferred to be in a better part of london but unfortunately Kings College rejected me.. But I figured its just a bus/tube ride to the west end.

ReputationRep:
    Have you decided between warwick or QM yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmat)
    Have you decided between warwick or QM yet?

Warwick. Why am I going to firm a ranked 30 and below university over a number 5....

ReputationRep:
    Warwick. Why am I going to firm a ranked 30 and below university over a number 5....
    Check the rankings for Law Totally different story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmat)
    Check the rankings for Law Totally different story
    Yes, I did check the ranking for law. QMUL does rank a lot higher than Warwick in Times, but in the Guardian, Warwick=7th, QMUL=9th.

In addition, my mom think I am going to make friends with non-Law department in QMUL. In her words, "they are not good with studying and may be a bad influence". In Warwick, the entry standards are higher and that I am going to have a "positive influence"...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I did check the ranking for law. QMUL does rank a lot higher than Warwick in Times, but in the Guardian, Warwick=7th, QMUL=9th.

In addition, my mom think I am going to make friends with non-Law department in QMUL. In her words, "they are not good with studying and may be a bad influence". In Warwick, the entry standards are higher and that I am going to have a "positive influence"...
    I was not questioning your decisions just what you said
    Warwick is a very good uni. I personally could not go there because the campus being outside a city means that apart from the entertainment and activities at the campus you would be very limitied. Plus I spent 3 days there and it just wasn't for me.
    No matter where you go you will meet people who will be there to part and not study. Good luck with Warwick I hope all goes well for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmat)
    I was not questioning your decisions just what you said
    Warwick is a very good uni. I personally could not go there because the campus being outside a city means that apart from the entertainment and activities at the campus you would be very limitied. Plus I spent 3 days there and it just wasn't for me.
    No matter where you go you will meet people who will be there to part and not study. Good luck with Warwick I hope all goes well for you
    Well, I was there for a day. Despite the dingy place, the environment was good. I may still get rejected by Warwick if I don't meet my conditions, then I guess I'll be in QM haha

ReputationRep:
    Well, I was there for a day. Despite the dingy place, the environment was good. I may still get rejected by Warwick if I don't meet my conditions, then I guess I'll be in QM haha
    Both ask AAA don't they. Either way good luck with your results. I like having uncon :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmat)
    Both ask AAA don't they. Either way good luck with your results. I like having uncon :woo:
    Nah....I take the IB and they gave me different offers.
    Arg...Why did I get rejected by LSE...

ReputationRep:
    Nah....I take the IB and they gave me different offers.
    Arg...Why did I get rejected by LSE...
    Im still waiting on them
    Since sept 19th.... I won;t get in so I have no idea why they have taken so long Gcses were only AABBBBBBBC so why would they want me?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 17, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.