The Student Room Group

Tonsilitis after oral sex?

Hi, basically my gf has had tonsilitis three times over the last six months, the last time happening the day after she went down on me (though it only lasted about a day and then went away) causing us to think that may have been the cause each time. Now she has done it more than 3 times, so it can't possibly have happened every time, but I understand her concern as I have had (incomplete) unprotected sex with my previous two girlfriends (both were virgins before me). Should I be getting myself checked out? There's nothing noticably wrong with me externally and it would be a lot of hassle getting to the nearest clinic. Any chance we could pin this down to sheer coincidence? Or is it possibly the way she's doing it that is causing her tonsils irritation (she used to go very deep, sometimes having to stop because of it). Any help appreciated.
If her 'tonsillitis' only lasted a day then it wasn't tonsillitis. Tonsillitis is an infection that needs antibiotics, she had a sore throat from going deep.
Reply 2
Yep, this sounds an awful lot like the reaction to having your tonsils squashed about a bit.
Jordan1990
If her 'tonsillitis' only lasted a day then it wasn't tonsillitis. Tonsillitis is an infection that needs antibiotics, she had a sore throat from going deep.

This.
Also you does she know the increased risk of throat/neck cancer with number of oral sex partners?
Tonsilitis is a infection, she should just go easyer on the gobbling.
Reply 5
hypocriticaljap
This.
Also you does she know the increased risk of throat/neck cancer with number of oral sex partners?

Lol, that is from the daily mail.

Its just about posibilities with the HPV. Just be safe and you are fine.
Reply 6
recently igot tonsillitis twice in a month ..once for two weeks, the other for a week (antibiotics both times) but i thought it could be from giving oral too as i was seeing my bf alot more in hols?? possible?
ponpon14

Lol, that is from the daily mail.

Its just about posibilities with the HPV. Just be safe and you are fine.

before you give out any more spurious advice do a bit of research. I don't read the Daily Mail.
Reply 8
Fair enough. But ive (unfortunately) seen that in the daily mail. Anything I see there I do not trust.
Reply 9
Hey, well it did seem peculiar, but she has been on antibiotics twice. She said she was sure it was infected last time so she tried to kill it at the early stage with salt water and things, but seeing as it went so quickly we're in doubt of it. But no she has had it for definite at least twice. So am I due a check out?

Latest