Turn on thread page Beta

How much does everyone spend roughly on University per year? watch

ReputationRep:
    including rent, food, social life, transport ect?
    how much does your student loan actually cover?

ReputationRep:
    £10000 per year ish.

Your loan will cover your rent, if you're lucky, and that's it. You need another few grand for food and going out and such. It's a nightmare trust me.

Course: £3525 (I cant remember exactly what it is this yr but its something like that.)
    Accommodation: Mines £3000 a year, but that's quite expensive..
    Food: about £1000 a year, depending on where you go, how much you visit home, what brands you buy etc.
    Going out: it depends.. a good night out can cost anything up to £80 (including taxi, drinks, entry fees, food on the way home etc.)

You also need clothes, course texts, transport (I can't comment on this as I live on campus).

ReputationRep:
    course fees next year will be £3290 at max.
    my college fees, catered, are £4500

ReputationRep:
    Probs 10-11k a year. Course fees are 3225. Accommodation which includes food is just over 5000. Then the rest is things llike going out, new clothes (things like cocktail dresses and suits-things I didn't really have before I came to uni, however they are only really needed because of the society I am in). Social stuff like clubbing costs maybe £20-30 a night and then tickets to balls etc..... It all adds up

ReputationRep:
    Roughly £10,000, maybe a little more but certainly under £11,000.

ReputationRep:
    It'll greatly depend on where you live.

As a student in Preston, my loan would've allowed me to live what was, to me, a luxurious lifestyle.

As it was, I chose not to use it and could live even more luxuriously on part and full time wages.

I didn't spend much myself - I was a cheapskate buying food for a maximum of £10 a week, but the loan after accommodation would've allowed me something more like £70 if I'd so desired. I didn't have any travel costs, and I made any social events free or extremely low-cost, again never spending more than £10.

Had I wanted to study in London, or anywhere more expensive, in fact, I'd have imagined I'd need an entirely different lifestyle using loans and wages.

ReputationRep:
    Reading this is making me scared :zomg:
    I hope its worth it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXx_pUnK_pOp_pRiNcEsS_xXx)
    You're all paying £3000 each year for your courses?

yeah "tuition fees" are 3225 - you pay this to your uni so you can study there

then the first year accommodation is usually 3000-3500 or so.. this will probably rise to at least 3500-4000 in the next years when you're not in halls any more

then the rest for food and going out etc is 3000+ a year depending on who you are really..

ReputationRep:
    As does everyone...

ReputationRep:
    Ermm yeah lol the average course fee is around £3200 ish per year :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well yes tuition fees are over 3000 but that's covered by tuition loan - obviously have to pay that back evebtually

ReputationRep:
    Yup, that's waht tuition fees are in England...

My accomodation is about £2,500 a year, and then obviously fees... I spend about £500 a term on other stuff, so about £1,500 for that, so about £7,500 altogether...

ReputationRep:
    Alright alright, deleted that before anyone else quotes me. I feel sorry for international students then.

ReputationRep:
    well my course fee is £3290 and the SLC will be paying it direct to the Uni so that will leave me my maintenence grant and bursary and whatever else i get to use during the 2010/11 year but ill need to work on a budget etc but still will be looking for a part time job to fit round studies as an extra income

ReputationRep:
    I live off my Maintenance loan, grant and bursary... so ~£7k xx

ReputationRep:
    my accommodation is about £5-6k a year (can't remember exactly how much)
    tuition fees are £3225 i think
    and then on top of that i probably spend around another £3000... so around £12000 a year i reckon

ReputationRep:
    12/13k.

ReputationRep:
    Fees are £3,000whatever.
    Accommodation is about £5,500.
    I spent £4,500 in the first term. £2,500 already this term. Probably spend £3,000 from now until the end of term.

So, yeaaah..quite a lot. Even more if you include flights and visa for year abroad which starts in sept which will have to be bought this academic year.

ReputationRep:
    In total about £12,000 a year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Last Summer's Dream)
    Fees are £3,000whatever.
    Accommodation is about £5,500.
    I spent £4,500 in the first term. £2,500 already this term. Probably spend £3,000 from now until the end of term.

So, yeaaah..quite a lot. Even more if you include flights and visa for year abroad which starts in sept which will have to be bought this academic year.
    :eek: do you buy gold plated textbooks?!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.