Weekend in Liverpool... Watch

Sami2412
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I'm going to my boyfriend's house in Liverpool this weekend and we're planning to go out...we just dunno what there is to DO in Liverpool.

Does anyone know of anywhere decent we can go?

Thanks guys x
coolass
Report 8 years ago
cube on friday nites... £10 in, free bar all night
saturdays... revolution is quite gud or mood is gud
dont really no wer to go on da sunday... but concert square will always have some clubs packed!
Pezza18
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Baa Baa's is free and is pretty heaving usually so it's good. Krazy House, its a three-floor club, thts pretty good. revolutions....ummm cube fridays [£10 all inclusive]

I'm going on Friday to stay with my friend at uni there...can't wait!
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Best to ask what you are in to and what you are looking for? Mad night out? Couples night out? Nice restaurant? Price range?
SummerBay
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There's a lovely italian on Stanley Street. Dunno what its called though, sorry!
Mess.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SummerBay)
There's a lovely italian on Stanley Street. Dunno what its called though, sorry!
Piccolino's :coma:
coolass
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SummerBay)
bella italia?
Mess.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by coolass)
bella italia?
That is the opposite side of the city centre. Piccolinos is the one and Casa Italia is next to the Met Quarter.
SummerBay
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think it might be Casa Italia, it's next to the Sports bar.
Girl♥RadioHeart
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sami2412)
I'm going to my boyfriend's house in Liverpool this weekend and we're planning to go out...we just dunno what there is to DO in Liverpool.

Does anyone know of anywhere decent we can go?

Thanks guys x
Are you talking about places to go out of an evening or touristy/scenic things to do? I can help with both but don't want to ramble on if you're not interested in the things I suggest, haha!

What sort of things are you into?

EDIT: Noticed OP is offline so I'll just make a few suggestions:

If you're looking for things to do during the day there's SO much to do. You can shop, go to the museums and galleries, you can go down to the docks and go on a yellow duck tour, open top bus tour, visit the cathedrals, go to Sefton Park, go to Anfield or Goodison Park if you like football. You can go to the cinema, theatre, up Radio City tower. There's the business quarter which is nice to walk around.

Nights out, it really depends what you're into... Indie/Rock I'd suggest Le Bateau or Heebie Jeebies. Krazyhouse has 3 floors, 1 is metal/grime/hard-rock, 2 is indie/rock/pop and 3 is dance/rnb/pop. There's loads of bars around town too, Cava is a great tequila bar, £1 tequilas and loads of flavours. Django's riff is a cool reggae/dnb/rnb/jazz cocktail bar. Revolution is always a winner. Baa Bar's is pretty cheap and a good atmosphere. Concert Square is full of bars/clubs if you fancy moving around a bit. All the clubs are close together and there's places from Flares and Reflex (70's & 80's bars) to Fudge which is a modern day dancey club. Cube is a good club but it's usually frequented by the WAGs and Wannabees, every time I've been I've been accosted by guys and offered drugs. It's not really my thing (I'm more indie/rock/punk) but the DJ is good and has good mixes.

If you want to go for a meal, I'd reccommend Pizza Express down at the docks or Casa Italia. Yo! Sushi is a fun place to go and eat if you like Sushi/Japanese food or YeeRah! is a great value restaurant with a lovely atmosphere and open kitchen so you can see the chef's making your food!

If you need anymore help, I'll do my best! Hope you have a great time!
dzeh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Pezza18)
Baa Baa's is free and is pretty heaving usually so it's good. Krazy House, its a three-floor club, thts pretty good. revolutions....ummm cube fridays [£10 all inclusive]

I'm going on Friday to stay with my friend at uni there...can't wait!
last time i went it was studio for £10 entry and free bar (went last friday and studio wasnt even open)

take it its changed to cube now?
Girl♥RadioHeart
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dzeh)
last time i went it was studio for £10 entry and free bar (went last friday and studio wasnt even open)

take it its changed to cube now?
I know Studio does that deal, they call it "Quids in" or something but I've never heard of Cube doing it... Studio is a student bar on Hardman Street, Cube is a higher end city centre venue...
dzeh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Girl♥RadioHeart)
I know Studio does that deal, they call it "Quids in" or something but I've never heard of Cube doing it... Studio is a student bar on Hardman Street, Cube is a higher end city centre venue...

same, ahhh I remember now I think they call it "skint" at studio, not sure about cube being at the higher end it got closed down for months because of fights :p:

anyway op might be worth checking out if there is a chibuku night on at the masque if you dont like the typical pop/ dance trash that gets played around concert square
Girl♥RadioHeart
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dzeh)
same, ahhh I remember now I think they call it "skint" at studio, not sure about cube being at the higher end it got closed down for months because of fights :p:
By "higher end", I mean more expensive and less populated by students. More Liverpool's drug elite and their WAGs.
Sami2412
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Girl♥RadioHeart)
If you're looking for things to do during the day there's SO much to do. You can shop, go to the museums and galleries, you can go down to the docks and go on a yellow duck tour, open top bus tour, visit the cathedrals, go to Sefton Park, go to Anfield or Goodison Park if you like football. You can go to the cinema, theatre, up Radio City tower. There's the business quarter which is nice to walk around.
Hey! Yeah i meant during the day, we went for a wander down to the docks last time i was over, but didnt spend too much time there. He did mention Sefton Park though, I think we might head there at some point Oooh, Radio City Tower sounds like a good idea as well!

Thanks so much! xxx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (208)
18.55%
No (681)
60.75%
Not really bothered about them (232)
20.7%

Watched Threads