Turn on thread page Beta

Marina & The Diamonds (+ New Sounds of 2010) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charrrlotte.ox)
    no way!!!! i'm guessing they're sold out?
    I dunno, lol.. you're gonna have to have a look online ^^;

ReputationRep:
    Marina is amazing. I love Hollywood at the moment, as well as Mowgli's Road and Girls - found them on Hype Machine a while ago, both are album tracks.

Ellie Goulding is great too, it's just a shame she's taken so long to get noticed. I heard Starry Eyed back in April and had no one to speak about her with! (Wow.. bad wording!)

ReputationRep:
    Hollywood is not her best song. It's very average. Obsessions is much better.

Saw her at a festival last summer, she did a cover of LOTP's Space in the Woods. It was quite good but a bit confusing because she didn't actually credit it as a cover... Almost seemed like she was claiming it as her own.

Anyway, she probably will get massive this year and I'm not gonna complain because there's certainly worse acts out there. Just think there's better stuff to listen to in 2010, personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    Ellie Goulding is going to be big in 2010. :coma:
    Thisssssssssssssss. Everybody's starry-eyed :music:

ReputationRep:
    i think that song is ****. i haven't heard anything else by her, am not expecting it to be very good

ReputationRep:
    i heard of her a couple of years ago. a song called simplify. she seems to be getting more popular. shes good.

ReputationRep:
    What about Owl City guys? I think they're really good and the abum's great as well.

ReputationRep:
    Lil Chris :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    I really like Marina, looking forward to her album. I love Ellie Goulding and The Drums as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eeriikaa)
    I wouldn't say EVER.. but I see them next Saturday :suith: :'D

Back to M&TD though.. I'm also a fan, I think she's great =D
    Ok slight exageration. But I do love them. Seen them twice. Sheffield for Kerrang tour 08 and O2 Arena in Newcastle late last year. <3

ReputationRep:
    I like their music..... and Marina is soooo hot
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    She bloody played in Brighton on Monday, I only found out when it too late to go. Tickets were only £8.50 :sigh:. Hopefully she'll be big this year, I just love her sound :love:

Ooh she's back down here in May!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2010
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.