Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowerness)
    Holy spirit? Bible stories?
    I've never seen a holy spirit. And bible stories?! Seriously?! Written hundred of years ago by crazy people and full of inconsistencies.

ReputationRep:
    I dont get why people would suffer so much if someone was really 'up there' with the power to make it all stop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapory)
    ok how about this then - if its such a good guide on how to lead your life, why do you not follow it?

Whosoever will, let him believe, and whosoever will, let him disbelieve. 18:29

Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion. 109:6

Ohno! wait, you are!!

If they ... assail your religion, then fight the heads of disbelief. ...
    Fight them! Allah will chastise them at your hands, and He will lay them low and give you victory over them 9:12-14

My bad!
    Waaaay out of context. I could rebut every point but don't have the bother to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeremy_Whiskers)
    Empiricists?
    that's the one - +rep for you that was driving me mad

(Original post by iffi)
    You have taken this out of context. Maybe i should clarify that when i said the Holy Qur'an is a guide on how to live your life, i do not mean it in the sense that you must fight. Islam does not teach this, in fact this has been used in the wrong way to assume that it does. Islam is a beautiful religion that is a way of life. I assume you have read the Qur'an or studided its passages, you will see that there are solutions for problems and concepts on how to be a better person and live peacefully, but some people have done wrong by taking pasages out of context and making it look bad when really it is not because they havent fully understood it.
    so does a 99p book of 'the 100 greatest poems'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talveer)
    Hey, A day is based on a full rotation of the Earth right?

God built the Earth in 6 days right?

How did he know how long a day was before the Earth was made?
    Because he made mass before he made electromagnetic photons breaking about every law of energy transformation and conservation know to man :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    I don't care about the Islamic path, the Islamic path is dull and boring. I like drinking, pre-marital sex, bacon and free-thought. I find it odd why a book makes you a better person, anyway...Islam will decline one day, just like Christianity is today

Also why did Allah hate dinosaurs? He commited dinosaur genocide didn't he...didn't even mention the critters in the Qu'ran. Until we pesky humans decided to start digging up their bones couple 'a' hundred years ago.
    Show me the proof that Islam will decline one day. Can you see into the future?
    Yeah it sounds boring to your high, crazy and always-getting-wasted kind of life, but if you ever tried to follow the islamic path please let me know until you have the full experience of it, before making assumptions that it is boring. Sure, your way of living may sound interesting and i'm sure i'd adapt to it quickly, because it is the easier option in life- the 'who-gives-a-f*** attitude'

Can you find a passage from the Qur'an that clearly states that Allah hated dinosaurs, just as you stated. The Qur'an isn't a scientific book for humans to see what he did and did not create. It is a way of life. A guide. Therefore, ther is no point in including dinosaurs...critters...whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morecambebay)
    + they would be more entertaining.

Here is a man prepared to sacrifice is son, here is a man in an arc, here is a man in a whale's body, miracle, sodomy :mad: , hellfire blady blady......yawn :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    Personally, How could you believe in god makes much more sense than how could you not. It's just such a farfetched idea.

ReputationRep:
    There is no proof.There is more evidnce to support harry potter than there is religion.Must be the biggest conspiracy going.:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSteed24)
    that's the one - +rep for you that was driving me mad
    Cool

ReputationRep:
    This thread proves that you cannot have a rational debate with a religious person about their faith.

ReputationRep:
    Meaning ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lastplace)
    I dont get why people would suffer so much if someone was really 'up there' with the power to make it all stop.
    This is a fair point. But, just imagine if God created an all-loving world (something i assume everyone wants) then what would be the point in it? Obviously there would be no problem because we would all get on just fine. But, our lives may not have any meaning if there was no point to the all-loving world God created. Therfore, God has created all these emotions, from pain to love in order for us to appreciate and see what we have so that we don't take life for granted. I'm sorry if i have bored you with my rant...l :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iffi)
    Show me the proof that Islam will decline one day. Can you see into the future?
    I doubt Italians and the Irish in 1900 ever considered the fact that their church would be sidelined and in terminal decline. There is a strong correlation between GDP and religious observence. The days of an overbearing and dominant Islam are numbered....we are in the 21st century. it will have to adapt or die one day. The middle east is unlikely to remain forever poor, even Africa may one day be rich and godless.

Yeah it sounds boring to your high, crazy and always-getting-wasted kind of life, but if you ever tried to follow the islamic path please let me know until you have the full experience of it, before making assumptions that it is boring. Sure, your way of living may sound interesting and i'm sure i'd adapt to it quickly, because it is the easier option in life- the 'who-gives-a-f*** attitude'
    I give a ****, i volunteer to charities, am working in my A-levels with the intention of becoming a dentist, I study hard, I aim to be polite, freindly, I go to the gym and so forth. I just enjoy myself without worrying and fretting about being constantly monitered by some sort of "Big Brother" figure in the sky. I loathe this notion religious people are somehow pious, I rarely see "don't give a ****" atheists blowing themselves up or yelling at homosexuals that god reckons they are evil.

Can you find a passage from the Qur'an that clearly states that Allah hated dinosaurs, just as you stated. The Qur'an isn't a scientific book for humans to see what he did and did not create. It is a way of life. A guide. Therefore, ther is no point in including dinosaurs...critters...whatever.
    Why are muslims always tediously bringing up Qu'ranic scientific miracles then?

ReputationRep:
    It's all a scam.

Seriously, I'm not worshipping a book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    Why are muslims always tediously bringing up Qu'ranic scientific miracles then?
    In general it seems to be to show that the author of the Qur'an was aware of certain scientific details which a person 1400 years ago would not have known. (For example, microscopic stages of human development in the womb).

That is to say, it is not a book designed to educate people in the field of science - rather it is a book written by someone who was particularly knowledgeable in the field of science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iffi)
    This is a fair point. But, just imagine if God created an all-loving world (something i assume everyone wants) then what would be the point in it? Obviously there would be no problem because we would all get on just fine. But, our lives may not have any meaning if there was no point to the all-loving world God created. Therfore, God has created all these emotions, from pain to love in order for us to appreciate and see what we have so that we don't take life for granted. I'm sorry if i have bored you with my rant...l :|
    Fair enough.

but hey, show me some proof and I might give religion a go...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morecambebay)
    Haha good one. But seriously, if you read the Qur'an you will really see the difference between the concepts in the 99p book and the passages of the Qur'an. The passages of the Qur'an guide you on the way of living, and although you say that a 99p book does too, there are more people following the Holy Qur'an because of the enlightening words of God. Sometimes, the words of God can be enough to inspire you in life, even if you do not believe becuse there is no proof.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lou Reed)
    Agreed, I'd rather believe in the God of Leeks:
    Your wrong, Your wrong, Your wrong, Your wrong,...Pig god is the truth. All other religon false.

This is the virgin Pig mother who gave birth to the prophet Babe, peace be upon him

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.