Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i think that thousend's of year's ago someone had abit to much of the muld wine,and decided to write a book,there is no sceintific eveidence to prove religion ,Also how millions of people who may worship and live there lives around what a book tells them to do.more so with the Qu'ran.

ReputationRep:
    Logically and scientifically sound research that completely disproves any theory of his/her/its existence.

ReputationRep:
    To me the universe doesn't bear the watermark of an omnibenevolent god. Nor a evil, capricious or remotely involved god for that matter. Looking out I can see nothing but the cold harshness of nature and pockets of warmth. A deistic god doesn't seem particularly ruled out but then I think of Occam's Razor and don't bother with it.

Besides, I don't want to worship a fascist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    In general it seems to be to show that the author of the Qur'an was aware of certain scientific details which a person 1400 years ago would not have known. (For example, microscopic stages of human development in the womb).

That is to say, it is not a book designed to educate people in the field of science - rather it is a book written by someone who was particularly knowledgeable in the field of science.
    "We created you out of dust, then out of sperm, then out of a leech-like clot, then from a morsel of flesh, partly formed and partly unformed ... and We cause whom We will to rest in the wombs for an appointed term, then do We bring you out as babes." Sura 23:13-14 repeats this idea by saying God "placed him as (a drop of) sperm (nutfah) in a place of rest, firmly fixed; then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood (alaqa); then out of that clot We made a (foetus) lump (mudghah), then We made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then We developed out of it another creature." 75:38 also says man becomes an alaqa and 96:2 says we came from alaq.
    No. It has been disproved time and again. A human being is created from a fertilized egg and never is a blood clot. It has flesh and limbs before bones have ossified. Muscles begin forming before and during bone formation. It never becomes another creature. Muhammad was just regurgitating ancient theories of embryology...theories that have all been proven wrong (namely from the Greeks).

http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran...ce/embryo.html

ReputationRep:
    Don't ask me why I don't believe. Tell me why you believe.

ReputationRep:
    No evidence. Common sense. Triumph of experience over innocence.

ReputationRep:
    Bible says pi is 3. Bible is WRONG.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lou Reed)
    Ah but you forget, the Pig god is weak against vegetable-type. God of Leeks is almighty (and has 4000 hp)
    HOW DARE YOU BE SO DISRESPECTFUL.

The holy animal farm says

1. Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
    Leek God = Enemy

You follow Leek God = Infidel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by right_good_boodjie)
    Common sense
    /thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anglerfish)
    /thread.
    Such a 'fail' after 9 pages.

ReputationRep:
    I don't need a book to keep me from sinning or to remind me what morals I should stick to. I've been bought up well. Surely everyone should be kind, loving and ethical from their own morality.

And religion causes more conflict than anything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smithyy)
    i think that thousend's of year's ago someone had abit to much of the muld wine,and decided to write a book,there is no sceintific eveidence to prove religion ,Also how millions of people who may worship and live there lives around what a book tells them to do.more so with the Qu'ran.
    Does this post actually mean anything? I'm not sure you can complain about others having a bit too much of the 'muld' wine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harleygrant)
    Logically and scientifically sound research that completely disproves any theory of his/her/its existence.
    Wow... My perfect Woman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    I doubt Italians and the Irish in 1900 ever considered the fact that their church would be sidelined and in terminal decline. There is a strong correlation between GDP and religious observence. The days of an overbearing and dominant Islam are numbered....we are in the 21st century. it will have to adapt or die one day. The middle east is unlikely to remain forever poor, even Africa may one day be rich and godless.

I understand this information. However, a religion can never die. Yes, the people have changed and adapted to the ways of society, but the religion itslef hasn't It is just up to the people to follow and believe in it. It is those peoples choice if they do not want to believe.

I give a ****, i volunteer to charities, am working in my A-levels with the intention of becoming a dentist, I study hard, I aim to be polite, freindly, I go to the gym and so forth. I just enjoy myself without worrying and fretting about being constantly monitered by some sort of "Big Brother" figure in the sky. I loathe this notion religious people are somehow pious, I rarely see "don't give a ****" atheists blowing themselves up or yelling at homosexuals that god reckons they are evil.
    I am actually sorry, if i offended you. Do not get me wrong, these things that you do are inspriational, i myslef want t be a dentist etc, whether i get there or not will be in the hands of God. I completely agree with you there about some religious people thinking they are all pious when they are not, i do not consider or associate myslef with those people. And in my religion, i blieve that non religious people are just as pious because of the things they do. For example you volunteer to charities etc. Some people in my religion do not do this and hope God will forgive them etc..but this is wrong. Those people are wrong. I see your point, however i do not worry or fret i just believe. I believe just like other people believe in somehing they hope or strive to achieve, but always remeber that God is in my heart. And really that is wht gets me through college and ridiculous situations.

Why are muslims always tediously bringing up Qu'ranic scientific miracles then?
    Beacuse these are linked with our everyday life. I mean scientifc as in proofs to things like dinosaurs etc.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Moe Lester]

I understand this information. However, a religion can never die. Yes, the people have changed and adapted to the ways of society, but the religion itslef hasn't It is just up to the people to follow and believe in it. It is those peoples choice if they do not want to believe.

I
    I am actually sorry, if i offended you. Do not get me wrong, these things that you do are inspriational, i myslef want t be a dentist etc, whether i get there or not will be in the hands of God. I completely agree with you there about some religious people thinking they are all pious when they are not, i do not consider or associate myslef with those people. And in my religion, i blieve that non religious people are just as pious because of the things they do. For example you volunteer to charities etc. Some people in my religion do not do this and hope God will forgive them etc..but this is wrong. Those people are wrong. I see your point, however i do not worry or fret i just believe. I believe just like other people believe in somehing they hope or strive to achieve, but always remeber that God is in my heart. And really that is wht gets me through college and ridiculous situations.

Beacuse these are linked with our everyday life. I mean scientifc as in proofs to things like dinosaurs etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowerness)
    What are your reasons for not believing in a God or religion?!

This is a really short message but I'd like to see what people say first then I'll contribute
    Common sense. Theres too many religions, how can they all be true. I say you either believe in science or religion and the evidence for science is so much more.

ReputationRep:
    Boxing Day tsunami. Any other natural disaster.

I'm not going to worship a being that would allow such things to happen.

Plus there's no tangible evidence.

(Original post by iffi)
    did you just ask for proof that dinosaurs existed?

i hope i misunderstood.

ReputationRep:
    No empirical evidence on the God side, plenty of empirical evidence on the Athiest side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iffi)
    Show me the proof that Islam will decline one day. Can you see into the future?.
    Every religion has its rise and fall. Some last longer than others.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.