Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    Islam will decline one day, just like Christianity is today
    Yeah we'll see that mate, just because you and some bigots on TSR dislike Islam doesn't mean the rest of the world does. It is still one of the fastest growing religions in most parts of the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iffi)
    Beacuse these are linked with our everyday life. I mean scientifc as in proofs to things like dinosaurs etc.
    Rubbish, muslims make very tenous links to the Big Bang theory, sex in plants, the earth's rotation and so forth. You only claim that Allah didn't include dinosaurs in his life coaching booklet because no reference exists in the Qu'ran to dinosaurs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wardle1337)
    Wow... My perfect Woman
    Well I'm glad you agree!

ReputationRep:
    In-logical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeliWolf)
    Boxing Day tsunami. Any other natural disaster.

I'm not going to worship a being that would allow such things to happen.

Plus there's no tangible evidence.
    All atheists think in negative ways....

Each to their own I guess. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Yeah we'll see that mate, just because you and some bigots on TSR dislike Islam doesn't mean the rest of the world does. It is still one of the fastest growing religions in most parts of the world.
    What through huge birth rates in poor nations...Christianity had a revival and then entered terminal decline, Islam in it's current form will not survive the test of time, it will either die or have to change and adopt a more spiritual role - like the European church. People rise up against overbearing power structures, they did in Europe, they will do in the Muslim world. Will Islam be practiced as feverently and strongly in 200 years as it is today, I doubt it. Take a time-machine back 200 years in Britain every church was packed to the rafters, you were an outcast...an oddball if you didn't go. Look at it today, more people were in bed today than in church. Islam's future is the same, show me one country that has developed and remained or got more religious....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_revival

Edit: I never said people would "hate" Islam, they will just get bored of it..Europeans don't hate the church, most just have better ways to spend their sundays, most still describe themselves as Christians. I can't see Iranians .etc. hating Islam, they will just lose interest in devout religosity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowerness)

What is so negative about wanting to know the truth and not accepting what we are told at face value?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeliWolf)
    Boxing Day tsunami. Any other natural disaster.

I'm not going to worship a being that would allow such things to happen.

Plus there's no tangible evidence.
    Completley agree, I wonder what excuse the religion has for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lou Reed)
    After all the pages...THIS is all you say?

Really?
    It's like you were expecting some amazing essay from someone who barely knows alot. I only asked for why atheists don't believe in a God - I wasn't going to try and answer every question that critizises a God. I'm only human.

ReputationRep:
    Optimus Prime is the real Jesus.

ReputationRep:

Not pretending that the thousands of people killed prematurely in natural disasters float off to the magical happy land to be together tends to make us take death seriously.

(Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    What?
    What I mean is that there are millions of religions. When someone is say, a Christian, they're rejecting millions of religions and only picking one to believe in.

An atheist and a Christian have a lot in common then, they have the same stance on 99.99999% of religions throughout world history, atheists just apply the same logic to one more religion.

If someone religious wants to understand how an atheists mind works, they only have to consider how they feel about the 99.99999% of religions that they're atheists of too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lastplace)
    Fair enough.

but hey, show me some proof and I might give religion a go...
    These are ideas to make you understand why you should believe in Islam:

To begin with here are 3 short stories..
    1)Once, all villagers decidd to pray for rain, on the day of prayer all people gathered and onnly one boy came with and umberella. THAT'S FAITH.
    2)Example of the feeling of a one year old baby. When you throw him in the air, he laughs becuase he knows you will cathc him. THAT'S TRUST.
    3)Every night we go to bed, we have no assurance to wake up alive the next morning, but still we have plans for tomorrow. THAT'S HOPE.
    May God be above you-fr blessings.
    Below you-for support
    Before you- for guidance
    Behind you- for protection
    Besdie you-for comfort
    In your heart-for suustainance!
    And as i would say, Ameen!
    I am a muslim and in Islam, there are 99 names of Allah. one of them includes Al-Mu'min. It means Guardian of faith-He who places faith in the heart of His servants, protects those who seek refuge in Him, and gives tranquility.
    Please feel free to ask some questions, im sorry if i have bored you.

ReputationRep:
    It's like you were expecting some amazing essay from someone who barely knows alot. I only asked for why atheists don't believe in a God - I wasn't going to try and answer every question that critizises a God. I'm only human.
    Seriously why would you create a thread asking for opinions, and then proceed to reply to all those opinions with illogical cheap insults.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iffi)
    You have taken this out of context. Maybe i should clarify that when i said the Holy Qur'an is a guide on how to live your life, i do not mean it in the sense that you must fight. Islam does not teach this, in fact this has been used in the wrong way to assume that it does. Islam is a beautiful religion that is a way of life. I assume you have read the Qur'an or studided its passages, you will see that there are solutions for problems and concepts on how to be a better person and live peacefully, but some people have done wrong by taking pasages out of context and making it look bad when really it is not because they havent fully understood it.
    How do you understand the passages quoted? Because I can't really see them meaning much else...

OP:
    I do not believe in God because having been brought up as a Catholic, and having studied the basics of the other 5 big religions, as well as science subjects, I am more inclined to believe that there is no deity/higher being. I have seen evidence towards the theory of the Big Bang, life being created by chance, evolution, natural selection etc, which refute a lot of the concepts in the Bible (and other holy books). I haven't seen any evidence for the concepts in the Bible, except for their being described in the Bible, which was written by humans.

[Mostly related to a Christian/Abrahamic God here, as that's what I know the most about]
    I also don't agree with how God can be all-loving, yet allow natural disasters, genocide, terror in His name etc. Some theists say that He allowed us free will, or that it is to test our faith, but then why should we worship Him if he won't help us, or give us substantial evidence that He exists?

Religion as a guide towards living a good, "moral" life (whatever that means) is understandable, but when people interpret their holy books to tell them to kill non-believers, you would have thought that God might intervene? Come to them in their sleep like the books says He's always doing, tell them that actually He didn't mean they should go blow themselves up...And it's perfectly possible to live a good life without God's advice.

ReputationRep:
    All theists are stupid.

ReputationRep:

:rofl: I love debating theists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lou Reed)
    No it's because you chose the softest issue to comment on, and not a great argument on your part (again).

Out of interest, has the unfolding of this thread changed your views at all? Or at least made you think?

I don't think you'd actually appreciate my actual reply because you'll just come up with some silly atheist reply....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iffi)
    These are ideas to make you understand why you should believe in Islam:

To begin with here are 3 short stories..
    1)Once, all villagers decidd to pray for rain, on the day of prayer all people gathered and onnly one boy came with and umberella. THAT'S FAITH.
    2)Example of the feeling of a one year old baby. When you throw him in the air, he laughs becuase he knows you will cathc him. THAT'S TRUST.
    3)Every night we go to bed, we have no assurance to wake up alive the next morning, but still we have plans for tomorrow. THAT'S HOPE.
    May God be above you-fr blessings.
    Below you-for support
    Before you- for guidance
    Behind you- for protection
    Besdie you-for comfort
    In your heart-for suustainance!
    And as i would say, Ameen!
    I am a muslim and in Islam, there are 99 names of Allah. one of them includes Al-Mu'min. It means Guardian of faith-He who places faith in the heart of His servants, protects those who seek refuge in Him, and gives tranquility.
    Please feel free to ask some questions, im sorry if i have bored you.
    That's your proof.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobifier)
    All theists are stupid.
    Hvae you never thought theists would think the same about atheists?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.