Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Excuses. watch

Announcements

What disease/ illness can i tell the uni i have via email as an excuse for not attending a lecture. What illnesses usually make people miss classes? i'm never ill so.

ReputationRep:
    Food poisoning ftw.

But since when did unis have to know if you missed lectures or not?? I missed a few in my time and never had to answer to anyone

ReputationRep:
    Tell them you were on your period. This excuse is super effective if you are male.

ReputationRep:
    Leprosy.

ReputationRep:
    The dreaded lurgy.

ReputationRep:
    Diarrhea, no-one will ever want to check to see if you were lying or not.

ReputationRep:
    Irritable bowel syndrome.

Wins because it is serious enough to be an acceptable excuse and also discourages any further questions.

(Original post by GhostOfMiranda)
    Food poisoning ftw.

But since when did unis have to know if you missed lectures or not?? I missed a few in my time and never had to answer to anyone
    well we never used to, but theyve got hot on it since some people take the piss (i.e. never turn up). i'm not usually a skiver but im having genuine problems that are preventing me from going to uni, but i'd rather spin some other schpeel, than tell the truth- which is a little embarassing.

ReputationRep:
    Say you ate a dodgy kebab the night before last, and it's exiting from all orifices.

ReputationRep:
    Swine Flu

ReputationRep:

Wins because it is serious enough to be an acceptable excuse and also discourages any further questions.

do you thin i could say i have a doctor's appointment? or would they follow it up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoneGuy)

Not always. I had to get a diagnosis to prove I had it. The runs is a better excuse.

ReputationRep:
    i never knew unis would check up

ReputationRep:
    Diarrhea.

ReputationRep:
    Death, That gets you eused for a whole bunch of lectures!

ReputationRep:
    Can't you just email your lecturer and say your weren't feeling very well and could he email you the handouts? Thats all we ever had to do, they never needed to know that was wrong. I missed all but two lectures in smester A because of depression and no one ever asked til i needed to apply for extenuating circumstances having not done the coursework.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.