Turn on thread page Beta

Has anyone else got this condition? Photic sneeze reflex watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumorousGent.)
    photic sneeze reflex aka fritzl-nose?
    :P LULZ. No its a proper bedroom and I am allowed out of it in less than 26 year periods of being entombed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lasuil)
    Wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photic_sneeze_reflex

for ages I never knew I had this but whenever I go upstairs (my room is in the cellar, has been for about a year but I had this before I lived here) I sneeze. The change in light just gives me the sneezes XD or when I turn on a light at night...I'm liable to sneezing. Also looking up in the sky when it's super sunny or at least really blue will make me sneeze.

Just wondering if anyone else has got this neither of my parents do, which goes against the whole thing of it being heredity.
    I have it :yes:

Also if neither of your parents have it then either:
    a) Your mum cheated on your dad with another man or
    b) you're adopted

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    I have it :yes:

Also if neither of your parents have it then either:
    a) Your mum cheated on your dad with another man or
    b) you're adopted

:awesome:
    :P my mom is ugly so i doubt she could of got sex anywhere else than my dad.
    I look (unfortunatly) pretty similar to my mother.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Both my mother and brother.

While I just have constant teary eyes in bright light. -_-

ReputationRep:
    I have that annoying in summer I'm sneezing all the time and people think I always have colds because of it.

ReputationRep:
    :P my mom is ugly so i doubt she could of got sex anywhere else than my dad.
    I look (unfortunatly) pretty similar to my mother.:yep:
    That's pretty much the only way of explaining it. Either that or you don't have photic sneeze reflex :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    That's pretty much the only way of explaining it. Either that or you don't have photic sneeze reflex :dontknow:
    there's always exceptions to the rules. I definatly do have it. Maybe one of my parents has it but doesn't notice.

ReputationRep:
    there's always exceptions to the rules. I definatly do have it. Maybe one of my parents has it but doesn't notice.
    Not in genetics there isn't :nah:
    Did they not teach you biology at school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Not in genetics there isn't :nah:
    Did they not teach you biology at school
    lol. maybe i am a freak of nature?
    and I sucked terribly at Science so ^^
    Maybe one of them has it mildly. I get it worse in the summer when sun is bright. but for example, turning up the brightness on my laptop often makes me do it.

I have texted my mom accusing her of conceiving me with someone other than my 'father'

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.