• View Poll Results: Your favourite
    27.85%
    32.91%
    13.92%
    15.19%
    1.27%
    1.27%
    7.59%

Looking for a party dress - I'm thinking backless dress because it's classy? What do you think:

Dress 1

Link.

Dress 2

Link.

Dress 3
    Same as above but in white:
    Link

Dress 4

Link

Dress 5
    Photo is too small so look at the link - is this too slutty? Could be nice but I can't tell
    Link

Dress 6

I'm not tanned by any stretch of the imagination and don't have any over the knee boots.
    Link

Dress 7

Your favourite/least favourite and why?
    Help very appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    number 3. its the most pretty, and least slutty.

dress six is simply HO-rendous.

ReputationRep:
    Dress 4! Because it's my style and I would wear it.
    Least fav: 6, too sparkly for my liking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucefowls)

Concur fullyyy <3

(Original post by Starless Eyes)
    Six isn't sparkly - do you mean seven?

ReputationRep:
    2nd one.

ReputationRep:
    The lace dress in white. Nude colours are on trend and white will work in Spring. As for the lace, that's huge this season. It also makes your skin look more radiant, rather than black that could wash someone more pale out. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by microfatcat)
    Six isn't sparkly - do you mean seven?
    Yeah, sorry. 7

ReputationRep:
    Agreed that 6 is absolutely horrific, by the way. ROLL NECKS NEVER LOOK GOOD, ESPECIALLY NOT ON DRESSES!

By a mile.

ReputationRep:
    6, shows off your goodies more :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I only really like number 2, number 7 and number 4 are okay. Definitely not number 6, it's pretty slutty and to say you were thinking of getting a backless dress because it's 'classy', I would definitely not get that one. Although, everyone has a black, lace dress so they're pretty boring now. Go for number 7 because if you're going to a party, I guarantee someone else will turn up in a black lace dress.

(Original post by Starless Eyes)
    (Original post by elsa_89)

By a mile.

I love dress 4! But I'm not sure if I prefer dress 3. I know this lace style is in right now but I don't usually buy stuff that's 'in', just stuff that's nice.

(Original post by Superfrank)
    The lace dress in white. Nude colours are on trend and white will work in Spring. As for the lace, that's huge this season. It also makes your skin look more radiant, rather than black that could wash someone more pale out. xx
    Good point - I'm white as a sheet. I may need to go shoe shopping because I haven't got white shoes. Don't know what to do about the bra issue though!

(Original post by CookieArun)
    6, shows off your goodies more :awesome:
    As the first guy to comment, I feel obligated to listen to you. Oh dear!

(Original post by lucefowls)

Would you say dress 2 was sluttier than dress 3? Or dress 3 was more innocent and glamorous?

ReputationRep:
    I actually can't believe number 6 is listed a dress.

ReputationRep:
    1) gym leotard
    2) generic
    3) less generic
    4) vom
    5) slut
    6) slut
    7) vom

Out of them I'd go for 3 the most.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I think I prefer dress 3 to dress 2. Also what I said about EVERYONE having a black, lace dress. The white one is nicer.

(Original post by chloedabell)
    I actually can't believe number 6 is listed a dress.
    It's not very me, I'll admit. But thought I should give a cross section of backless dresses I could go for!

(Original post by chloedabell)
    I only really like number 2, number 7 and number 4 are okay. Definitely not number 6, it's pretty slutty and to say you were thinking of getting a backless dress because it's 'classy', I would definitely not get that one. Although, everyone has a black, lace dress so they're pretty boring now. Go for number 7 because if you're going to a party, I guarantee someone else will turn up in a black lace dress.
    Don't you like 3, or do you count that as 2 as well? 4 is lush I'll admit, but I really like 3. I know what you mean about everyone having them, but I don't think anyone has a white one. I'm worried 7 might not fit me but I could look for something similar. Thanks for your comments =)

ReputationRep:
    It's not very me, I'll admit. But thought I should give a cross section of backless dresses I could go for!

Don't you like 3, or do you count that as 2 as well? 4 is lush I'll admit, but I really like 3. I know what you mean about everyone having them, but I don't think anyone has a white one. I'm worried 7 might not fit me but I could look for something similar. Thanks for your comments =)
    Well when I wrote the first comment I didn't even look at 4, but when I did that's why I put the other comment above: "ctually, I think I prefer dress 3 to dress 2. Also what I said about EVERYONE having a black, lace dress. The white one is nicer."

ReputationRep:
    Good point - I'm white as a sheet. I may need to go shoe shopping because I haven't got white shoes. Don't know what to do about the bra issue though!
    Personally I'd go for no. 2/3 either one would be classy although I do agree if your a little on the pale side white might possibly be better.

Who says you have to wear white shoes? Black shoes with some black accessories would go as for the bra, if the front is kinda see through then just wear a sexy white bra underneath then it doesn't matter if it shows?

Edit: Though the bra thing doesn't look like it will be an issue, looking at the picture

ReputationRep:
    I love dress 4! But I'm not sure if I prefer dress 3. I know this lace style is in right now but I don't usually buy stuff that's 'in', just stuff that's nice.
    Choices! I love dress 3 aswell, but if it was between 3 and 4 I would personally chose 4.
    I would end up buying both

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.