Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. I am quite baffled and somewhat curious. UCL seems to be rejecting people with 19 on their LNATs because it is 'too low a score;. Could people with offers just state their LNAT scores to see if they really have raised their cut-offs so much? There are rumors saying cut offs were at 20/21 although that seems kind of strange...It will help people applying next year too i reckon.

I'll begin: offer, LNAT- 23

ReputationRep:
    Well, someone in another thread said they got 18 (I think) and they got an offer. Also, I knew people in my year who got 14 (out of then 24) which works out at about 17.5/30.

I think a higher LNAT score helps your chances, but it certainly doesn't look like there is a strict cutoff point. Don't underestimate the importance of your essay, as well as the general strength of your application.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer, with an LNAT score of 23.

I doubt it's solely down to your MCQ score though, the essay and the rest of your application I'm sure can make up for a lower LNAT score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chronicles)
    Hey guys. I am quite baffled and somewhat curious. UCL seems to be rejecting people with 19 on their LNATs because it is 'too low a score;. Could people with offers just state their LNAT scores to see if they really have raised their cut-offs so much? There are rumors saying cut offs were at 20/21 although that seems kind of strange...It will help people applying next year too i reckon.

I'll begin: offer, LNAT- 23
    I got an LNAT score of 19 in 2008 :p: and I'm now a second year lawyer at UCL! Though I did have really good GCSEs and A level predictions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Songeuse)
    I got an LNAT score of 19 in 2008 :p: and I'm now a second year lawyer at UCL! Though I did have really good GCSEs and A level predictions.
    hey C, why do you withhold your location? it's blatantly london :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    hey C, why do you withhold your location? it's blatantly london :p:
    Why do you have a problem with it? :p:

Maybe I like and have the right to maintain a separation between my private life in 'reality' and my internet/virtual life? That is, after all the point of privacy settings and a username? Or maybe I just choose to do so because I like some degree of anonymity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Songeuse)
    Why do you have a problem with it? :p:

Maybe I like and have the right to maintain a separation between my private life in 'reality' and my internet/virtual life? That is, after all the point of privacy settings and a username? Or maybe I just choose to do so because I like some degree of anonymity?
    or you like to confuse people by making them think there is a place called "..." ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    or you like to confuse people by making them think there is a place called "..." ;D
    Show me the person who believes that there is a place called "..." and I will apologise for the confusion :p:

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview with 20/30.

ReputationRep:
    i got 24/42. do i stand a chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aniketpaikia)
    i got 24/42. do i stand a chance?
    I got 22 and they gave me an offer so on the LNAT you should be alright, they do look at your whole application together tho so I don't really know tbf. The average this year was 21.1 if that helps.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.