Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    One of the universities I've applied to is Kent. I originally applied to study English Language (English and American Literature), then for some reason changed the course I'd applied to. Got a conditional offer for said course on the basis that I got a B in History after my resits. Rang up and explained that after my resits I could only get the D to a C... I asked if I could change (again) back to my original choice of course, they said yes and that my conditional offer would be changed to me getting a C.

All is well and good, the resit went well, however they haven't changed the course code and offer on my UCAS application. The conversations I had with the admissions officers were back in November. Sent a polite e-mail that I was panicking a little and they replied apologising and that applications weren't yet being reviewed.

I know I'm being impatient but just wondered how long applications can take to be reviewed and whether or not the course is just undersubscribed, for example, and that is why I haven't yet had my application reviewed... any idea's??

ReputationRep:
    replyreplyreply please someone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superfrank)
    One of the universities I've applied to is Kent. I originally applied to study English Language (English and American Literature), then for some reason changed the course I'd applied to. Got a conditional offer for said course on the basis that I got a B in History after my resits. Rang up and explained that after my resits I could only get the D to a C... I asked if I could change (again) back to my original choice of course, they said yes and that my conditional offer would be changed to me getting a C.

All is well and good, the resit went well, however they haven't changed the course code and offer on my UCAS application. The conversations I had with the admissions officers were back in November. Sent a polite e-mail that I was panicking a little and they replied apologising and that applications weren't yet being reviewed.

I know I'm being impatient but just wondered how long applications can take to be reviewed and whether or not the course is just undersubscribed, for example, and that is why I haven't yet had my application reviewed... any idea's??
    They have until the end of march to let you know, so it could really be any time up until then. It sounds like they are aware of the situation so I would give them a little longer yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    They have until the end of march to let you know, so it could really be any time up until then. It sounds like they are aware of the situation so I would give them a little longer yet.

Thank you! Should I be worried? (As I am panicking - frantically!) xx

ReputationRep:
    Ucas does take a very long time to display changes so be patient.

ReputationRep:
    holy crap, so some unis havent even started reviewing apps....

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Should I be worried? (As I am panicking - frantically!) xx
    If it bothers you that much then give them another email, but it sounds like they have it under control to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    If it bothers you that much then give them another email, but it sounds like they have it under control to be honest.

Got an unconditional offer for Kent todaayyyy

ReputationRep:
    Got an unconditional offer for Kent todaayyyy
    Congratulations :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu DDD

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.