Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the NHS Bursary application forms for the academic year 2010/2011 will be released?

The reason I ask is I need to send the NHS Bursary entitlement letter to Student Finance as part of my evidence for the non-income assessed loan.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I think you can do it as soon as you get your NHS mumber. I've got an unconditional offer for sept 2010 am going to edge hill to do childrens nursing, what are you doing and where are you going, when you got your comfirmation off ucas, how long did you wait till you got any info off the uni? good luck. Lisa x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple1970)
    Hi, I think you can do it as soon as you get your NHS mumber. I've got an unconditional offer for sept 2010 am going to edge hill to do childrens nursing, what are you doing and where are you going, when you got your comfirmation off ucas, how long did you wait till you got any info off the uni? good luck. Lisa x
    I've got an unconditional offer for Speech and Language Therapy at Marjon in Plymouth. I haven't heard much from the uni really, just one letter saying they're offering me a place...that probably took about a month to come after the offer appeared on UCAS. I haven't got my NHS number yet, so I'll just have to wait.

ReputationRep:
    You can send off your student loan application without the bursary entitlement letter. I just checked the box saying that I didn't have the info and sent it off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spinningjackie)
    You can send off your student loan application without the bursary entitlement letter. I just checked the box saying that I didn't have the info and sent it off.
    But doesn't that delay your application? It says at the top that if you don't provide any evidence then it could take longer to process.

ReputationRep:
    :yep: Yeh Im afraid that's Right, your application will be pending awaiting the evidence & when you send it in will go in the processing ques to be worked.

But on the brightside, If its a 10/11 application you should have plenty of time to have it all sorted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ The Loans Advisor)
    :yep: Yeh Im afraid that's Right, your application will be pending awaiting the evidence & when you send it in will go in the processing ques to be worked.

But on the brightside, If its a 10/11 application you should have plenty of time to have it all sorted
    It is a 10/11 application, so that's okay. I'll probably go on and send the other evidence that I already have to get the ball rolling.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 4th year medic, so getting the bursary for the first time next year. We were told we'd get our entitlement info in may/june so ages away yet, don't know what i'll do about applying for student finance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smile88egc)
    I'm a 4th year medic, so getting the bursary for the first time next year. We were told we'd get our entitlement info in may/june so ages away yet, don't know what i'll do about applying for student finance
    Yeah, I was told it would be sent then too. I've put on my application that I will send the bursary letter, but they'll just have to wait for it. :p:

ReputationRep:
    So, if I said that I'm not sending the bursary info, will they ask for it later? I haven't applied for it yet, because they haven't sent the application form nor the NHS number.

Jackie

ReputationRep:
    So, if I said that I'm not sending the bursary info, will they ask for it later? I haven't applied for it yet, because they haven't sent the application form nor the NHS number.

Jackie
    I think what will happen is if you don't send the entitlement letter at all, your application will remain 'provisional' until you do.

The forms are said to be released some time in May, and your NHS Student Number should come just before that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    I think what will happen is if you don't send the entitlement letter at all, your application will remain 'provisional' until you do.

The forms are said to be released some time in May, and your NHS Student Number should come just before that.
    Ah well I won't keep watching the post so avidly then! It would have been nice to have been informed officially as to when to expect the forms. They don't leave much time to process them all do they? I've heard that many were delayed last year, so I want to get mine in promptly.

ReputationRep:
    Ah well I won't keep watching the post so avidly then! It would have been nice to have been informed officially as to when to expect the forms. They don't leave much time to process them all do they? I've heard that many were delayed last year, so I want to get mine in promptly.
    I applied last year (but didn't get the grades to get into my firm choice), and they processed it really quickly, it only took a few weeks for me to get the letter saying how much I'd get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    I applied last year (but didn't get the grades to get into my firm choice), and they processed it really quickly, it only took a few weeks for me to get the letter saying how much I'd get.
    Are you trying for a different uni this time? Do you have a place yet, or are you resitting your A levels? I didn't do too well at A level, but I already have a degree, so they overlook them because I will be a very mature student.

ReputationRep:
    Are you trying for a different uni this time? Do you have a place yet, or are you resitting your A levels? I didn't do too well at A level, but I already have a degree, so they overlook them because I will be a very mature student.
    Yep, it is for a different university this time. I got my A level results last summer (2009), and I've got an unconditional place now for September 2010. What degree have you already got? What degree are you applying for now?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.