Teaching a football lesson (JSLA) - HELP! Watch

GibbseyT
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I am teaching a football lesson to some young kids as part of my Junoir Sports Leadership Course and really need help. What shall I teach them and does anyone have some fun ideas where they also learn something.

Thankyou
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Isn't that what you're supposed to do?
moonshine_1991
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by GibbseyT)
I am teaching a football lesson to some young kids as part of my Junoir Sports Leadership Course and really need help. What shall I teach them and does anyone have some fun ideas where they also learn something.

Thankyou
Play king of the ring at some point in the lesson.
GibbseyT
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
Isn't that what you're supposed to do?
I dont want you to teach the lesson, I just want some ideas.

And King of the ring sounds good.
Nico_SU
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Football volleyball is always fun and teaches close control as well as using all parts of the body. If they are really young though they might struggle a little. If your unsure what I mean, basically, you have half the team in one D of the centre circle and the other in the other D, and you have to get it over with X amount of touches, X bounces etc and it can't bounce outside the circle. It's good fun - if you drop it or miss then your out. I was always the 1 left vs like 6

If theyre a proper team, you could try defenders vs attackers, that's always good fun.

Do something where you make them use their wrong foot as well. Nothing drives me up the wall more than one footed players (in fact, as a keeper / defender coming up against them is a drea because they go the same way everytime!)
Rainy
Badges: 2
Report 8 years ago
Warm-up, including a few fun drills - ladder drills (can use cones), slaloming through cones (with and without ball) etc.
Ball skills - the usual suspects, leading up to a game of Possession.
Short game.

Be inventive but keep it simple. Ensure everyone participates, use group work, explain the activity clearly, don't just focus on the talented kids etc.
GibbseyT
(Original post by Nico_SU)
Football volleyball is always fun and teaches close control as well as using all parts of the body. If they are really young though they might struggle a little. If your unsure what I mean, basically, you have half the team in one D of the centre circle and the other in the other D, and you have to get it over with X amount of touches, X bounces etc and it can't bounce outside the circle. It's good fun - if you drop it or miss then your out. I was always the 1 left vs like 6

If theyre a proper team, you could try defenders vs attackers, that's always good fun.

Do something where you make them use their wrong foot as well. Nothing drives me up the wall more than one footed players (in fact, as a keeper / defender coming up against them is a drea because they go the same way everytime!)
We used to play that! I think they are about 10, so they should be able to cope with the football volleyball. Thanks ;]
GibbseyT
(Original post by Rainy)
Warm-up, including a few fun drills - ladder drills (can use cones), slaloming through cones (with and without ball) etc.
Ball skills - the usual suspects, leading up to a game of Possession.
Short game.

Be inventive but keep it simple. Ensure everyone participates, use group work, explain the activity clearly, don't just focus on the talented kids etc.
Thanks a lot, that will help. And From my experience all they want to do is go straight into the game lol. I must keep them entertained.
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I dont want you to teach the lesson, I just want some ideas.
*Looks at thread*

Sure fooled me.
GibbseyT
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
*Looks at thread*

Sure fooled me.

Speaking of fools...
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Speaking of fools...
No-one was speaking of fools. Awful comeback. :facepalm2:
Gain91
Report 8 years ago
King of the ring is a great game for a warm up, also try Traffic cones(have a green, yellow and red cone and assign actions to each where the kids jog around) but try and make each action a fun skill like doing a different trick for each, football volleyball is good as well but maybe try throw head catch.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1619)
79.13%
Leave (427)
20.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed