Turn on thread page Beta

what do u think about Metallica? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    do u like them or not?
    4me Metallica - the beast band

ReputationRep:
    I really like most music but I personally think they're really over rated and I'm not a huge fan :/

ReputationRep:
    I liked their last album, kind of a collaboration of all their styles. Not a best of though, because it had new material.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    They're alright, nothing special.
    Very much over-rated.
    Also they absolutely destroyed both Brothers In Arms and Whiskey In The Jar.

ReputationRep:
    I think they're awesome.

ReputationRep:
    I love them. But st.anger was dire. Death magnetic was pretty good though. Master of puppets and load are probably my favourites.

ReputationRep:
    I like em, "nothing else matters" & "enter sandman" :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I really like them, I would agree St. Anger and Garage Inc was not their best moment, but when you look at the early stuff like Puppetz and Kill Em All, ...AJFA and RTL were just immense albums. Easily on par with GnRs Appetite for Destruction.

ReputationRep:
    I only have their first five albums, but I really like their music.

I do rather like them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    They're alright, nothing special.
    Very much over-rated.
    Also they absolutely destroyed both Brothers In Arms and Whiskey In The Jar.
    lol, Whiskey In The Jar is widely regarded as one of the few cover songs that absolutely annihilates the original in terms of quality. It was such a good cover and a massive improvement.

I like Metallica quite a lot, but there are always a few songs on each album that bore me. I like RTL up to the Black Album really. Favourite songs off each would probably be Creeping Death, Sanitarium, Blackened and Wherever I May Roam.

Death Magnetic is okay.

ReputationRep:
    They're allright, more bareable than most music.. don't go out my way to listen to em.

ReputationRep:
    hehe
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AsphyxiateD)
    lol, Whiskey In The Jar is widely regarded as one of the few cover songs that absolutely annihilates the original in terms of quality. It was such a good cover and a massive improvement.
    lolno!

ReputationRep:
    Their opposition to downloaded music is amusingly futile, other than that I pay little attention to them.

ReputationRep:
    Fade to black and For Whom the Bell Tolls are both great songs. Besides those songs I really don't listen to them much.

ReputationRep:
    hate them

ReputationRep:
    never been a massive fan, but they were pretty epic at sonisphere last year

ReputationRep:
    epic.
    Incredible live, reallllllllly know how to put on a show. Theres a reason they have sold 100mil+ albums.

ReputationRep:
    They're vastly over-rated, if they never made Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning or Master Of Puppets, they'd be considered really mediocre. However they did and those three albums are nothing short of amazing, ...And Justice For All was also pretty decent and then the rest, like I already said, are fairly mediocre up until St.Anger which was just awful. Death Magnetic was alright, although again, nothing special.

So all in all, they've made some fantastic albums but the majority are just "alright".

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.