Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered if those who partake in Lent have decided what to give up/take up this year yet?

I am taking up veganism [and may well continue once lent finishes all being well]. I think it is going to be a challenge so I have been looking at vegan recipes and sites that offer advice on nutrition and so forth. I've decided to go for it because of the moral aspect, regarding the cruel conditions many animals are subjected to, obviously the spiritual aspect of lent itself and for the personal wish that it will help improve my health.

What are you planning/considering and why?

ReputationRep:
    I am planning to just eat meat produced in the cruelest environment. I've decided to go for it because I believe animals have it too easy at the moment.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I've decided to give up vegetables. I'm not happy with the cruel conditions that they're grown in all over the world.

ReputationRep:
    sweets and chocolates and crisps .. dunno how i'm going to cope which is why i'm going to do it

ReputationRep:
    When does Lent start?
    I haven't chosen anything to change yet, but this post has made me ponder

ReputationRep:
    Normally I give up chocolate and fail within a couple of hours. So this year I have decided to take up eating more fruit. My aim is to eat at least 1 extra piece of fruit per day.

Let's see if I can stick to it this year.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleais)
    When does Lent start?
    I haven't chosen anything to change yet, but this post has made me ponder
    Ash Wednesday is Feb 17th this year.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to drink plenty of fluids.

I expect to be wildly succesful.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.