Turn on thread page Beta

Does the Special K two week diet work? watch

ReputationRep:
    ye it will probably work, but as soon as your off it the pounds will pile back on and it will be harder to lose weight the next time round. Any diet that involves such deprivation cant be good for you!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like the acceptable face of anorexia to me. If it works at all then it's clearly not a long term solution anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxannabelle)
    I've been wondering this for a few weeks now, I aim on losing about 2 and a half stone over the next few months and my friend's on the SK 2 week diet (not that she needs to, she's a size 8 as it is!)

Has anyone had any experience with this or is currently on the diet at the moment?
    Thanks for sharing

The plan is designed for 2 weeks, not a long term weight loss. The only reason why it works it because you consume anywhere from 750-1200 calories a day.

It is really boring, and because it lacks variety. I tried but had to stop because my skin went crazy (acne overload ) cos of a lack of vitamins etc that you would get from a regular diet

You basically starve yourself, loose a few pounds in the short run, but you'll put the weight back on again as soon as you start a regualr diet again.

If you're serious about loosing weight, just go and see you GP- i did and they are really helpful - meal & exercise plans, plus montly weigh in's for the extra motivation

I've lost 9lbs since the new year, still got about 4st to go though :facepalm: !!!

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    You mean the Special K two week diet, as promoted by the producers of Special K?

God, I weep for humanity.
    I'd second that :P:

Surely you could get the same results from eating Tesco value cornflakes :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Not for the people I know who have tried it. Anyway, you'll be taking in a lot of sugar and salt and not many nutrients. Why not just have breakfast and two small meals? Why not swap one of the bowls of cereal for some salad? Why not steam some veg and grill some chicken and have with hummus? Why not grill some fish and have with veggies sty-fried in Fry-lite? Why not marinade some prawns, chargrill them and have with rice? Why not make some couscous with chicken stock (instead of plain water), mix in some roasted veg and have in a roasted pepper with some cheese on top? Why not just eat healthier, but smaller meals, snack less and exercise?

I don't understand. The cereal diet does sound simpler, so I see why it appeals to people looking to lose weight, but surely you know that you will not lose significant weight in such a short time unless something is going drastically wrong or is unhealthy, probably unsafe measures are taken? And to do the diet for any longer than 2 weeks would be incredibly boring, no? Isn't that the excuse many use for not exercising...?

Buy a healthy eating cook-book (or just use your imagination and experiment!), learn some new recipes, have a varied diet, have fun with it. Don't try some stupid diet linked to a brand.

ReputationRep:
    Here and here and here and here (some good lunch ones, I know lunch can be hard) and more, etc.

Lower portions if you must! There's so much variety out there! I know it takes some effort to make plans and buy the right ingredients and use your leftovers and take a lunch into school/work, but it can be done without pouring money into Kellogg's pockets. Seriously mate! And that's just page one of Googling 'healthy recipes', I'm sure there are more adventurous things if you look, and more detailed advice. Please, just try it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tknight7)
    The plan is designed for 2 weeks, not a long term weight loss. The only reason why it works it because you consume anywhere from 750-1200 calories a day.

It is really boring, and because it lacks variety. I tried but had to stop because my skin went crazy (acne overload ) cos of a lack of vitamins etc that you would get from a regular diet

You basically starve yourself, loose a few pounds in the short run, but you'll put the weight back on again as soon as you start a regualr diet again.

If you're serious about loosing weight, just go and see you GP- i did and they are really helpful - meal & exercise plans, plus montly weigh in's for the extra motivation

I've lost 9lbs since the new year, still got about 4st to go though !!!

Good luck
    Good luck to you too! Sounds like you've got a difficult target, but you seem determined and are doing things the right way. All the best!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.