Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Reporting intercepted Post watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok so i have had several important letters sent to my home address, but i am 99% sure they have been intercepted by someone at home and destroyed. How can i report this and who do i report it to? I am going to phone royal mail tomorrow, but looking on the website there is no information about this. Is it a police matter?

If so which department of the police force do i call?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidders)
    Ok so i have had several important letters sent to my home address, but i am 99% sure they have been intercepted by someone at home and destroyed. How can i report this and who do i report it to? I am going to phone royal mail tomorrow, but looking on the website there is no information about this. Is it a police matter?

If you don't want to ask whoever you live with about the letters, then the next stage is to contact whoever sent them to make sure they were actually sent out. If they were important, they should have been sent by recorded delivery which would have meant someone at your address would have signed for them. If this is the case, Royal Mail will have a record of whether or not the letter reached your premises. If not, they may have been lost in the post. It happens. If you want to pursue the police route you need to find and contact the main number for your local force. If it isn't very very important stuff though, they probably won't care.

ReputationRep:
    Call Parcel Force.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Call Parcel Force.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OL.
    I lulled.

OP, maybe you should steal your families post and ask them how they like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpamBa)
    If you don't want to ask whoever you live with about the letters, then the next stage is to contact whoever sent them to make sure they were actually sent out. If they were important, they should have been sent by recorded delivery which would have meant someone at your address would have signed for them. If this is the case, Royal Mail will have a record of whether or not the letter reached your premises. If not, they may have been lost in the post. It happens. If you want to pursue the police route you need to find and contact the main number for your local force. If it isn't very very important stuff though, they probably won't care.
    They have definitely been sent, a total of three letters have been 'lost' which i find highly unlikely to be due to the royal mail... one maybe, but not all 3. They were not recorded delivery as they are from my prospective university regarding my place next year. I was sent a letter regarding an interview which i never received, it was then re-sent and still nothing and then when i was offered a place i should have received a letter with forms to fill in about starting the course and accepting their offer.

They have the correct address, i checked.

I know it is my stepfather who is intercepting these letters as he and i do not get along and he is trying to ruin my chances of getting a place on the universtiy course close to my home (i am currently living away from home at my undergraduate university). There is nobody else at my 'home' address that could or would have done this.

ReputationRep:
    They have definitely been sent, a total of three letters have been 'lost' which i find highly unlikely to be due to the royal mail... one maybe, but not all 3. They were not recorded delivery as they are from my prospective university regarding my place next year. I was sent a letter regarding an interview which i never received, it was then re-sent and still nothing and then when i was offered a place i should have received a letter with forms to fill in about starting the course and accepting their offer.

They have the correct address, i checked.

I know it is my stepfather who is intercepting these letters as he and i do not get along and he is trying to ruin my chances of getting a place on the universtiy course close to my home (i am currently living away from home at my undergraduate university). There is nobody else at my 'home' address that could or would have done this.
    Well if you are living away from home you could ask the university to re-send the letters to that address? Or alternatively, ask a trusted friend if you can get the letters sent to theirs and passed on. If you explain why I'm sure they'd understand! Definitely not 'serious' enough for the police, I'm afraid, horrible as it is - no financial info, blackmail or threats to kill.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.