Turn on thread page Beta

Is it not sexiest to offer females cheaper car insurance? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In the world today, as we know, everything is Politically Correct or 'PC'
    So how is it possible to give women cheaper car insurance?

Sexism, a term coined in the mid-20th centuryShorter Oxford English Dictionary, 6th edition, refers to the belief or attitude that one gender or sex is inferior to or less valuable than the other
    When women get the same pay, same everything. Apart from car insurance? Huh?

Nothing anyone can do?
    It annoys me that just because I have something inbetween my legs I pay some extra radical price.

yo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by War)
    In the world today, as we know, everything is Politically Correct or 'PC'
    So how is it possible to give women cheaper car insurance?

When women get the same pay, same everything.

Nothing anyone can do?
    It annoys me that just because I have something inbetween my legs I pay some extra radical price.

yo?
    I feel exactly the same :| if you asked though they'd probably point at some figures stating young men are more likely to have accidents or something equally rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    Its acceptable because its unlike most gender discriminations, this favours women. So in a way, this sort of even things up a bit for the centuries of discrimination that women have suffered.

ReputationRep:
    No. Because statistically males have more accidents, so should have to pay more on their insurance. It's nothing to do with that thing between your legs.

However, what annoys me is that women have women's only car insurance, but if there was a men's only car insurance all the feminists would be up in arms crying about it.

ReputationRep:
    Sexiest you say?

ReputationRep:
    It's a fine line really. It could be claimed that charging younger people more is ageism. But, the statistics say they're more likely to crash, so it's fair enough. If the statistics also show women's claims are likely to be cheaper, then I suppose it's fair enough to charge them less.

But, I wonder what would happen if it could be proven that a certain race of people were a high liability? I presume no company would be able to discriminate on race grounds, so why on age or gender?

ReputationRep:
    I agree! That's why I get so annoyed by the Sheilas' wheels advert, although they do insure male drivers the point of it is if you're a woman you'll have to pay less for insruance. Why? Because statistics show that female drivers are less likely to drive dangerously and less likely to crash. :dry:

I'm sorry, but I can throw in hundreds of statistics showing why men are statistically better at things then women...yet if we act on those statistics in real life, it's descrimination and sexist :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supfresh.)
    Sexiest you say?
    I was wondering who else would comment on that hehe :p:

In answer to the OP, it's based on risk profiles. Insurance companies couldn't function with them, and they have evidence that young males who have only recently passed are most likely to have expensive accidents. It's just business.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    Why? Because statistics show that female drivers are less likely to drive dangerously and less likely to crash. :dry:
    Gotta love it

ReputationRep:
    No. Its just good business.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supfresh.)
    Sexiest you say?
    Ding dong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamski91)
    No. Because statistically males have more accidents, so should have to pay more on their insurance. It's nothing to do with that thing between your legs.
    I see your point, but if you go from there, insurances should be allowed to discriminate on the basis of ethnic background as well provided they have relevant statistics... and that is surely not going to happen because the public outcry would be enormous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starless Eyes)
    Gotta love it
    lol I agree with it! It's totally logical to have cheaper insurance for those who are less likely to crash obviously, but then I think it should be allowed the other way round when statistics favour men over women in other things...but it'll be classed as sexism.

Oh well, men are richer and are capable of earning more money because they have better career prospects so they can afford to have more expensive insurance anyway :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

:rofl: this is sure to get the feminists all worked up :p:

(no offence intended it's a joke, unless you're too stupid to get that...because you're a girl! :awesome:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamski91)
    Men have more accidents, but their accidents cost less.

ReputationRep:
    sexiest, rofl

ReputationRep:
    Yes It's totally unfair.

Statistically women have less crashes - so it's cheaper for them

Well statistically Asian men have more crashes than white-men. Is it more expensive for Asian men? Ohh no. Because that would be 'Racially discriminating' which is for some reason unacceptable as opposed to every other sort.

I wish I was none-white. I could scream racist and get what ever I wanted.

ReputationRep:
    yes. it's sexist. yes. it's fair. if it wasn't fair, there would be potential for arbitrage as new insurers would undercut existing ones. if you dig around a bit, the price you get will not be substantially higher than the cost to the insurer. that makes it fair... get a sex-change if you want to take advantage of the discount

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    Oh well, men are richer and are capable of earning more money because they have better career prospects so they can afford to have more expensive insurance anyway :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

:rofl: this is sure to get the feminists all worked up :p:

(no offence intended it's a joke, unless you're too stupid to get that...because you're a girl! :awesome:)
    *Sniff* :dry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donks169)
    Men have more accidents, but their accidents cost less.
    Think you've got something mixed up - accidents caused by men are likely to cost more to settle than those cause by women.

ReputationRep:
    they can offer what they want to whomever they please.
    get a ******* life.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.