The Student Room Group

UCA Epsom Fashion Journo Interview Tues 2nd Feb

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has their UCA interview this Tuesday or has already had theirs? Having a big panic about portfolio, format of the interview, etc..

A friend had the interview a couple of weeks ago and she said everyone was wearing skinny jeans or shorts and tights which has totally thrown me off because I was planning on wearing a simple smart black dress because so many people I know have had to wear suits to interviews!!

If anyone can lend a hand.. what to wear? What did you include in your portfolio? And if yours is the afternoon on Tuesday too private message me, I cant get on to the ucreative portal so panicking cos I can't check what time we should arrive beforehand!!

Any help would be much appreciated :smile: xx

Scroll to see replies

i had mine at epsom for fashion management and marketing and it was pretty casual clothing. Just look really fashionable :smile:

urm i brought a variety in my portfolio but the woman who was interviewing a group of us just asked to see one thing from it that we had to speak about briefly, so i chose what i thought was most relevant to the course.

also, we had like a little questionnaire to do about why we want to go there, how would we deal with epsom and future goals etc. but as you're doing a different course to me, your interview may be different..

if you can't reach your portal, email them because mine stopped working too

Hope i've helped! :biggrin:
Reply 2
Hello
I have an interview next wednesday for fashion management and marketing at epsom.
im a lil worried about my portfolio or presentation to show the skills. I'm doing A levels in business studies, accounting and psychology which means i got no arts background. anyhow, this course is more to do with business studies. i have never done a portfolio and m havin difficulties tryna think what to include in it??
so anyone please i just want some quick suggestion on what should i be including??? ( in brief please?):frown:
Erm i would put in any business essays you've done that may relate to marketing. at my interview the woman asked to us to describe one piece from our portfolio and i showed my kitkat marketing essay and other people showed their business stuff so you don't have to include art, but if you have anything that might relate to fashion or marketing then that would help
Reply 4
*my-future's-bright*
Erm i would put in any business essays you've done that may relate to marketing. at my interview the woman asked to us to describe one piece from our portfolio and i showed my kitkat marketing essay and other people showed their business stuff so you don't have to include art, but if you have anything that might relate to fashion or marketing then that would help

Thank you for the abit of information. yea! i was thinking to do something with one of the case studies about asos.com and marketing mix which may be quite interesting to do. how about a shop report? would that help?
i also got some sketch actually i do sketch myself and was thinking to put them as well???
Tra3
Thank you for the abit of information. yea! i was thinking to do something with one of the case studies about asos.com and marketing mix which may be quite interesting to do. how about a shop report? would that help?
i also got some sketch actually i do sketch myself and was thinking to put them as well???

yeah i think it would be good to include thoses sketches even though the woman i had didn't even look through our portfolios :s-smilie: lol... Yeah i think if you do a shop report and maybe choose that to talk about would be good because you don't do any artsy subjects, it will show them that you are interesred in it.
Reply 6
*my-future's-bright*
yeah i think it would be good to include thoses sketches even though the woman i had didn't even look through our portfolios :s-smilie: lol... Yeah i think if you do a shop report and maybe choose that to talk about would be good because you don't do any artsy subjects, it will show them that you are interesred in it.

whats the point doing portfolio or a presentation when they don't even go through it??? it's stressful tryna make things right until you reach to the interview day and u find everything goes okay!! lol
Reply 7
*my-future's-bright*

whats the point doing portfolio or a presentation when they don't even go through it??? it's stressful tryna make things right until you reach to the interview day and u find everything goes okay!! lol:sigh:
Tra3
whats the point doing portfolio or a presentation when they don't even go through it??? it's stressful tryna make things right until you reach to the interview day and u find everything goes okay!! lol:sigh:

i know! i spent ages tryna figure out what to put in there and what i was gonna say becuase it was one of my top choices and they didn't even go through it. But i would still advise you to do though lol you might have a different experience to mine :curious:
Reply 9
*my-future's-bright*
i know! i spent ages tryna figure out what to put in there and what i was gonna say becuase it was one of my top choices and they didn't even go through it. But i would still advise you to do though lol you might have a different experience to mine :curious:

hey thank you so much for all the information and help!!! appreciate a lot! i've got my interview next wednesday the 17th feb wish me a luck!!
lucky u, already got a conditional offer:smile:
About me, I'm a lil worried:s-smilie: because it is my top choice ...so hopefully everything goes well!!
Tra3
hey thank you so much for all the information and help!!! appreciate a lot! i've got my interview next wednesday the 17th feb wish me a luck!!
lucky u, already got a conditional offer:smile:
About me, I'm a lil worried:s-smilie: because it is my top choice ...so hopefully everything goes well!!

Hey no probz :biggrin: I wish you good luck.. everything will be fine :cool:

You should get an offer after a week from your interview so let me know how it goes :biggrin: x
*my-future's-bright*
i had mine at epsom for fashion management and marketing and it was pretty casual clothing. Just look really fashionable :smile:

urm i brought a variety in my portfolio but the woman who was interviewing a group of us just asked to see one thing from it that we had to speak about briefly, so i chose what i thought was most relevant to the course.

also, we had like a little questionnaire to do about why we want to go there, how would we deal with epsom and future goals etc. but as you're doing a different course to me, your interview may be different..

if you can't reach your portal, email them because mine stopped working too

Hope i've helped! :biggrin:

Did you have interview in december? Because exactly what you described happend at mine! Urmm, was your interviewer a woman with blonde hair wearing a black dress? x
laura.hutchings
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has their UCA interview this Tuesday or has already had theirs? Having a big panic about portfolio, format of the interview, etc..

A friend had the interview a couple of weeks ago and she said everyone was wearing skinny jeans or shorts and tights which has totally thrown me off because I was planning on wearing a simple smart black dress because so many people I know have had to wear suits to interviews!!

If anyone can lend a hand.. what to wear? What did you include in your portfolio? And if yours is the afternoon on Tuesday too private message me, I cant get on to the ucreative portal so panicking cos I can't check what time we should arrive beforehand!!

Any help would be much appreciated :smile: xx

How did your interview go? Hope you got in! x
KandyKouture
Did you have interview in december? Because exactly what you described happend at mine! Urmm, was your interviewer a woman with blonde hair wearing a black dress? x

yeaaaaaaaaaaa i know you initttt lol
*my-future's-bright*
yeaaaaaaaaaaa i know you initttt lol

I should of known it was you lol lol x
Reply 15
hello i have a question once again? anyone?
is it just that you'll had a group interview ??? what about an individual?? i was just wondering?????
Tra3
hello i have a question once again? anyone?
is it just that you'll had a group interview ??? what about an individual?? i was just wondering?????

nah just the group interview. and there was a tour of the uni as well and a talk about the course and the uni. i think there was meant to be a presentation but it wasn't working
Tra3
interview next wednesday for fashion management and marketing at epsom.

Hey, how did the interview go? x
Reply 18
*my-future's-bright*
Hey, how did the interview go? x

Interview was alright!!! yea :smile:
but didn't go on like i'd expected. Thought one on one interview would have been better!!! but the thing i liked about it was like you said last time interviewer/tutor herself she was interesting. really did made us feel comfortable. loved her, she seems nice!!
well now waiting for them to reply. hope for the best keeping my fingers crossed xxxx:s-smilie:
Reply 19
So is there a group interview and then a one-on-one interview?
How long do they each last?

& also what questions do they ask?

Latest

Trending

Trending