Turn on thread page Beta

Applying for student finance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just thought I would let you guys know incase you also come across something similar that recently, when applying for student finance on the direct.gov website, I was redirected to a website with an expired certificate and definitely not secure.
    It all started fine with the padlock and stuff but then ended up with a website with a certificate error and lack of security.
    Possible just me but I thought I would warn you guys.
    I tries it again but this time going through a different link and have managed to get the secure website running.
    Hope that makes sense.

For your records:
    This is the actual website you should get to:
    https://secure.studentfinance.direct...ation/register

This is where I ended up:
    https://secure.studentfinancedirect....tration/lander

May be nothing but thought it was worth a mention.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    phisshing alert!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    phisshing alert!
    More like useless public sector organisation alert. :facepalm:

They need to renew the certificate for that domain.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i saw this too, bloody stupid.

Tutor is telling us to register for it but doesn't seem to know that it isn't working. You'd think they'd make sure the website works around a time where they know students are going to start applying, but obviously not. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StokeKez)
    Yeah i saw this too, bloody stupid.

Tutor is telling us to register for it but doesn't seem to know that it isn't working. You'd think they'd make sure the website works around a time where they know students are going to start applying, but obviously not. :facepalm:
    You have a lot to learn about the student finance system then. The website is absolutely useless. Has been exactly the same since I first applied in 2007. They made a big thing last year about there being a new website and they delayed the start of applications by about 3 months from when they intended them to open. Then when it did open it was exactly the same as the old website but they had changed the colour to orange. I could have done that for them in about 15mins.

ReputationRep:
    Just some advice, apply as early as possible as they delay as long as possible and it inevitably becomes the most stressful element of the university application process!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.