Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else applied at Staffordshire for Paramedic Science 2010?

I've had my interview and passed it, they then sent me a letter saying they will invite me in for the fitness test once they have finished interviewing everyone in mid/end march.

However, I cant seem to find anyone else on this site that has applied for this course at Stafford. I know it is the first year they have run this course but I still thought id be able to find some other people who are having/had their interviews......

So where are all these people they are interviewing :P

ReputationRep:
    I have!!!

Got my interview on 22nd of Feb.

Well done on passing, you must have done very well!

Is it just a standard interview? Or do i need to be ready for anything else?

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou - Are you nervous?

Its just a standard interview.

What experience/skills have you got?

ReputationRep:
    Not too bad now, i will be when it gets nearer im sure.

Not a massive amount, worked as a lifegaurd for a while and had a few customer service based jobs, guess i'll have to hope they like me

What where your impressions of the uni/course/tutors?

ReputationRep:
    I was like that too - but it was ok.

I didnt see any of the uni apart from the building I was interviewed in (which is the building I think the theory part is based) which seemed very new and clean. I was unable to get a place on an open day before attending the interview.

The two people who interviewed me were one of the tutors and a mentor paramedic were really nice. Easy to talk to and didn't seem like a really strict formal interview, although you have to answer all the standard questions. Where abouts do you live?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh that doesn't sound too bad, hopefully i will cope!

Can you sort clear up this presentation business? Did you have to do one, the letter they sent didn't make it clear really. It says you have to present an overview of roles of a paramedic?

I live near cheltenham, gloucs. That mean anything to you?

Have you had any other interviews so far?

ReputationRep:
    Sure you will be fine !!
    I didn't have to do a presentation but you have to tell them about the overview of the paramedics role.

Yer I know where that is, I live in Milton Keynes so was quite a drive... what time is your interview, you must be one of the last lot to be interviewed.

I had one for worcester but didnt get in, I knew I hadnt before the day finished, just didnt feel like it was suited to me at all - was all a bit over the top - and I had a few qualified ambulance technicians in my group interview so the odds were against me to start with lol

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I hope so!
    ahhh i see, thanks for clearing that up!

Not till 2:30, i havn't really looked at how long it will take me, but im glad its not a morning interview.

Well sounds like got the offer you wanted then, im sure you should pass the fitness test fine.

I applied to Greenwich, UCLAN, liverpool JM and UWE too. Had my greenwich interview and got staffordshire, UWE and UCLAN interviews all coming up. Now i think about it i am getting nervous

ReputationRep:
    Wow you got a lot of interviews - I only had 2.

Not sure how the fitness test process works though?
    Do you?

If they have say 20 places on the course, do they let through 20 people to do the fitness test and if you pass you get through and if you dont they select the remaining number to fill the course from other people who they liked at interview?
    Is that something you could ask about when they mention the fitness test?

Let me know how your other interviews go too....

Have you been to a stafford open day?

ReputationRep:
    I interviewed for staffs but haven't heard back yet. not sure if that is good or bad. have been offered a place at hertfordshire though. best of luck to all applying.

ReputationRep:
    hey i had a interview at staffs in december and havent heard back either,i asked in my interview what the next stage was and they jst said that the fitness test is next and no details about it.

ReputationRep:
    I was one of the first to be interviewed I think so they might send out a few acceptance letters upto a certain date, then the rest get sent out by another date.

What date did you have your interview?

Are you already fit, or are you going to train for your fitness?

ReputationRep:
    anyone got an interview on the 19th march? ifyou guys have already had ur interviews any tips on what questions they might ask me?
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Heyy I just got my letter through today.
    Mines on the 2nd of march.

Like wise with the post above, is there anything we need to really prepare for, apart from the roles of a paramedic?

x

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have an interview for the Paramedic Science course at Staffordshire on the 22nd February.

Does anyone know if we have to do a presentation on the roles and responsibilities of a Paramedic or do we just have to speak to them about it?

The letter just said you will be asked to present an overview, so I'm not sure exactly what they're looking for.

If anyone knows, please reply, thanks. Good luck with all the interviews!

ReputationRep:
    hey katie,

i've got mine on the same day!

As far as i have worked out from asking around on here, you just need to be able to answer a question along those lines as part of the interveiw.

Well thats how i understand it.

You got far to travel?

Harriet - i'll see what i can find out about the fitness test and let you know.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for letting me know that's really good then we don't have to do a presentation, i was really hoping we didn't have to!

Cool, you've got yours on Monday too, is it at 3pm? I live in Coventry, so it'll probaly be just over an hour to get there. Have you got far to travel?

I think i need to get some more research done for my answers! The panic will probaly start some time tomorrow!

Have you got any other interviews? I had one at Northampton and have one at Coventry on the 23rd March.

Thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    No problem, yeah its hard enough trying to get ready for an interview.

Mine is at 2:30 i think, so sounds like your straight after me?!

Im coming from cheltenham so its about an hour and a half ishhhh.

Yeah im feeling more nervous now and i know i'll feel worse tomorrow morning.

I've had one at greenwich, and got one at UWE and UCLAN coming up too.

How did you think it went at Northampton?

ReputationRep:
    Northampton went ok thanks, some of the questions i had prepared for but others were harder and i had to think of answers quickly, but the lecturers were really nice. Now i don't hear until april so it's a really long wait!

How did Greenwich go? You've got a good choice of interviews though, i did have an interview for UCLAN but it's on my birthday, so i think i'll be cancelling it! It's annoying but it's probaly the furthest one away too, so i just hope i get into one of the other uni's.

Sounds like our interviews are next to each other then, good luck for tomorrow, just be positive and enthusiastic!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah kid of the same, it wasn't perfect but i did my best and remembered at least some of the things i wanted to say. I found it hard to tell really. Yeah greenwich is the same have to wait and see, fingers crossed anyway.

Yeah UCLAN is far from me too, your interview wasn't the 1st of March was it? thats when mine is.

Yeah same for you, hope it all goes well.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 18, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.