Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's the 1st of March shame they can't do any other dates really!

Yeah it's really hard to tell if they like your answers and what they're thinking.

Oh i hope the people interviewing us are nice tomorrow!!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    How did you get on today??

Do you think it went well?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long the interview lasts?

I have no idea what to prepare for, kinda stuck.

ReputationRep:
    Hard to tell, i had a reasonable answer for everything they asked. Managed to remember to mention most of what i wanted to say but its really hard to tell. I always seem to think of more stuff after its all over which I wanted to say, which is a bit frustrating. Oh well

How did you think yours went?
    I thought both the Paramedic and the tutor, whos name i have forgotten, where really nice and easy to talk to.

Harriet - i asked about fitness test, as i understand it so long as you pass the fitness test, are all okay on CRB check and occupation health then sounds like your in! Well done, really hope to see you there, guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed. Good luck with the fitness test, I'm sure it won't be too tricky. Have they given you details of it? Think they use the Chester step test?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like it went pretty well for you then, but i understand what you mean about thinking of more things afterwards and wishing there were other things you said because the exact same thing happened to me. It's probaly just a natural way to feel though after interviews.

Some of the questions i found ok but others much harder, so i don't think it went that well, i just think i need to prepare better for my next interview really.

I can't remember the Paramedic and tutor's names either but they were helpful too.

Do you think you'll accept Staffordshire then if you get a place or are you unsure yet until you've had all your interviews?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Cookie134, the interview at Staffordshire for Paramedic Science lasts about 20 minutes and to prepare, just research things like the roles & responsibilities of a Paramedic and why you want to become a Paramedic, what relevant experience you have, standard questions like this really.

Just try and do lots of research, then you'll feel confident and prepared when you go for the interview. Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh i wouldn't worry, i think its very hard to tell. Particularly as you don't know how other people will have got on with interviews.

I would really like to go there, mainly because i think WMAS would be very good to train with, and they have just opened new HQ in Stafford so i think it would be an exciting place to be based. Have to wait and see tho, I'm not expecting to get ant offers as it is very tough competition.

Have you got a preference between Staffordshire and Northampton?

ReputationRep:
    So how did you get on with your interviews?
    Have you heard anything back?
    Thanks for asking about the fitness test Broomer

ReputationRep:
    Staffordshire sounds pretty good then, do you know how many places they have on the course?

At the moment i preferred Northampton, and when i was there for the day i learned more about the course there, the facilities they have, and i saw more of the whole uni, but i haven't seen much of Staffordshire.

How did your

ReputationRep:
    *How did your Lancashire interview go?

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview, I thought it went well. I remembered almost everything and i didn't stutter.

I havn't heard anything yet though:/ When did anyone find out if they got invited to the fitness test?

ReputationRep:
    I found out a few days after my interview by a letter in the post to say id passed the interview and would be given a date for the fitness test when they had finished interviewing everyone at mid/end march. However I have read that someone has an interview in April?

ReputationRep:
    Hello, i had an interview at Staffordshire in Feb, but not heard anything so starting to sweat now ! :/ wether that is good or bad who knows!

ReputationRep:
    Hi was hoping somebody could help? I have an interview on the 19th March do you have to make a presentation on the roles and responsibilities or do you just have to talk about them?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, you just have to talk about them and then there are other standard questions too

ReputationRep:
    Have any of your heard back from your interviews yet?

ReputationRep:
    i had my interview on the 19th and they told nme i wont hear until they have considered everyone which would be about the middle/end of april.

ReputationRep:
    Im really confused at how this works - my interview was December the 1st, they told me I would be told in mid/end march if I had passed, however they printed the letter on December 2nd to say id passed the interview and would hear from them about the fitness test at mid/end march. Now people have that recently been interviewed are saying end of april to find out if they have even passed the interview lol I wish I knew what was going on...........

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i rang admissions today as i thought we found out mid/end of March. But some people think April. They said they would get in touch and say when which time it was

ReputationRep:
    When did you have your interview? So could be anytime between now and april then. I really want to know what happens next.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 18, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.