The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Silvano, you can apply for the GMAT/GRE Waiver.

Its listed on the LSE website. State that you have taken the GRE because of other courses that require it, they should grant the waiver.

Best of luck!
the GMAT score doesn't carry any weight in the MSc Finance application.....i had a 740...nothing:frown:
Reply 3
Arctic, for MSc Finance you need GMAT or GRE right? Or is it specified that they need only GRE?

Did you apply for a GMAT Waiver (if only GRE was mentioned)

And what do you mean it doesnt carry any weight?
Reply 4
@artic_toon :are you sure???

GMAT is def. harder than the GRE
Reply 5
GRE is definitely hearder than GMAT
Reply 6
no way buddy.........
Reply 7
Neither is harder.

GMAT tests your overall analytical ability, ideally for management oriented courses (holistically)

Where as GRE is more specific, depending on the course the Verbal, Quantitative or Analytical score is taken into account.
Reply 8
GRE's verbal portion is just memory....it's easy if you have time to remember all the vocab...that's why the GRE exam board is removing the vocab portion in 2011 and replacing it with more GMAT styled questions. Also GRE quant is like elementary school mathematics -very easy to score above 750. Whereas the GMAT quant is another story.....
Reply 9
Thanks a lot for the hint, I didn't know about it! I'll definitely apply for the waiver!

Btw I also have the impression that GMAT math is much more "tricky". GRE math was pretty straightforward. However, the verbal part seems to be easier in the GMAT... at least for an international student.

Latest