Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey, i have an interview and an aptitude test for pharmacy on the 23rd feb, and i am really worried about it as its my first interview, i was wondering has anyone had an interview or the aptitude test at LJMU? and any tip and comments would be great thanks.... p.s i have done the UKCAT and i did fairly well, i was wondering is the aptitude test going to be like that or something completely different :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i have an interview in liverpool john moore for pharmacy on the 23rd and its my first interview i need some tips please. anyone?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthoosh)
    i have an interview in liverpool john moore for pharmacy on the 23rd and its my first interview i need some tips please. anyone?:confused:
    I haven't had an interview but from what I've read make sure you have some
    knowledge on current research so, read article from new Scientist etc. And just
    overall try to stay calm. They sometime ask why you've chosen course and
    university? Work experience and what you've gained from it? What you would
    like to do with the degree? Hobbies you have? I would try to expand on any
    answer in your mind as they sometime just keep asking you to expand your
    answer. It happened to my friend who applied to dentistry.

Hope it helps!!
    Good luck. Don't worry you'll be fine.
    I'm nervous about any interviews I get.

ReputationRep:
    wow thanks, i am definitely going to look into the research the university has done regarding pharmacy and science in general but i also have to do a aptitude test after the interview i have no idea what it is about, i've done the UKCAT and i did ok in it, do you know if the aptitude test is going to be the same as UKCAT or is it going to be different? thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview there next Tuesday so I'll let you know how it goes. Honestly though, don't worry. I was worried about my first interview and I wish I wasn't. Just be confident!

ReputationRep:
    i still havn't got any sort of reply from john moores yet
    Got a conditional offer for pharmacy at Queens but

ReputationRep:
    LJMU took their time with me, don't worry and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    anyone know why John Moores interview people and Queens don't for Pharmacy?
    And Pharmacy at queens is rated 2nd in the UK and john Moores is 40 sumtin. So you would think it would be the other way about.
    Its just so much hassle flying from Ireland to Liverpool just for an Interview and apparently its really informal anyway.
    And i went to the open day in October so ino already what the university is like!!
    Just wish they would give me an offer with no interview like queens lol

ReputationRep:
    My interview on the 9th Feb and i have no idea what to expect. Are we expected to know really complicated stuff about drugs and how long does the interview last?
    Also i've heard theres an apptitude test with an essay question. Are we supposed to write an essay with knowledge from the top of our head or do they give us guidance points.
    It would be really helpful if someone whose attended an interview recently can give me advice,

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gee92)
    LJMU took their time with me, don't worry and good luck!
    what do you mean "they took their time with you"? good or bad?, and how was the test? can you please give us some information on how the questions in both the test and interview will be like? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well they took like over a month to even acknowledge me
    I'll let you know after my interview on tuesday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gee92)
    Well they took like over a month to even acknowledge me
    I'll let you know after my interview on tuesday!
    how was the interview then? hope you did well:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthoosh)
    how was the interview then? hope you did well:yes:
    Interview was nothing to worry about, the fact that it was a group interview actually calmed me down a lot. It just seemed like quite a friendly chat in the end. The obvious questions, why liverpool, why pharmacy, what makes a good pharmacist ect.
    The only academic kinda question they asked was about aspirin, they just wanted you to give them a fact about it, nothing difficult at all!
    Got an offer the following day, BBB

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 12, 2010

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.