Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right so seems as though my history class & teacher are lousy to say the least, I am deciding to teach myself the course on the sidelines!

I've bought some books and I am going through them and would like some different points of view.

Please don't think I am making this thread in an attempt to get the work done for me by you lot - this is not my intention
    I will write my ideas down too, and for anyone doing Germany, Kaiserreich to Third Reich 1900-1945 (Edexcel A2), we can exchange notes if you so wish.

Some of the key questions I have come across so far are:
    -Why was a strongly democratic constitution created in Germany in 1919?
    -How did the Weimar Republic survive the crises of the 1920s but collapse in the 1930’s?
    -Why did the Nazi dictatorship’s foreign policy eventually lead to ruin for Germany?
    -Why did Hitler come to power in 1933?
    -What impact did Nazism have on the German people?

I am in the middle of compiling a spider diagram to answer these questions, I would be more than happy to share if anyone is interested!

Peace out!

ReputationRep:
    We also have the questions associated with the 'controversies' (which will be source-based):
    How far was Germany to blame for WW1? (and all variations of this)
    To what extent was the Nazi regime efficient/popular?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unamed)
    We also have the questions associated with the 'controversies' (which will be source-based):
    How far was Germany to blame for WW1? (and all variations of this)
    To what extent was the Nazi regime efficient/popular?
    Indeed, we have this too.
    That's just historiography, peoples' views on them questions. from the specification the work is:

D1 From Kaiser to Führer:
    Germany, 1900-45

 The Second Reich — society and government in Germany,
    c1900-19: economic expansion; political and social tensions; the
    impact of the First World War.

 The democratic experiment, 1919-29: crises and survival,
    1919-24; Stresemann and recovery; the ‘Golden Years’ of the
    Weimar Republic; Weimar culture.

 The rise of the Nazis: origins to 1928; impact of the slump in
    town and country, 1928-33; growing support; coming to power.

 Life in wartime Germany, 1939-45: opposition and conformity;
    persecution of the Jews and the development of the idea of the
    ‘Final Solution’; the efficiency of the war economy.

Associated controversies
    a) To what extent was Germany responsible for the outbreak of the
    First World War?
    b) How popular and efficient was the Nazi regime in the years
    1933-39

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I was wondering whether you still had the spider diagrams that you made for planning those exam questions? I need all the help I can get!

Thank youuu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by betsycait)
    Hey

I was wondering whether you still had the spider diagrams that you made for planning those exam questions? I need all the help I can get!

Thank youuu
    Hey, Are you talking to me? I don't really remember anything from this site haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakko247)
    Right so seems as though my history class & teacher are lousy to say the least, I am deciding to teach myself the course on the sidelines!

I've bought some books and I am going through them and would like some different points of view.

Please don't think I am making this thread in an attempt to get the work done for me by you lot - this is not my intention
    I will write my ideas down too, and for anyone doing Germany, Kaiserreich to Third Reich 1900-1945 (Edexcel A2), we can exchange notes if you so wish.

Some of the key questions I have come across so far are:
    -Why was a strongly democratic constitution created in Germany in 1919?
    -How did the Weimar Republic survive the crises of the 1920s but collapse in the 1930’s?
    -Why did the Nazi dictatorship’s foreign policy eventually lead to ruin for Germany?
    -Why did Hitler come to power in 1933?
    -What impact did Nazism have on the German people?

I am in the middle of compiling a spider diagram to answer these questions, I would be more than happy to share if anyone is interested!

Peace out!
    i wouldnt mind seeing those spider diagrams seeing as u actually enabled me to answer a question i was fighting for months!
    (no clue how im going to do this subject at uni!!!)
    Thanks
    also u seem to know your stuff, u doing the germany starting the war controversy or the Hitler one? am thinking about doing both? would that be mad do u think? :P

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.