Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to check if anyone is applying for this program as well.

My Profile:
    BCom 74% (India)
    CIMA Part Qualified
    GRE Q780 V540 AWA4
    IELTS 8.5
    Good Recos, Internship and a research paper.

This is my second choice after MSc Economics (2 Year)

Can anyone comment on my chances for both?

Also, does anyone know the GRE requirement for the Ecotrics prog. They've listed it for the Economics one but not this one.

ReputationRep:
    Well the MSc Economics course will be less selective than EME. What is your math background like? Have you done any real analysis or advanced statistics courses?

ReputationRep:
    In my undergraduate degree I have done mathematics and statistics but not the level required, therefore I've applied for the 2 year program.

The specifications say that you need atleast A level mathematics. I've done the equivalent from India (I know for a fact that LSE really likes the Indian Secondary System) and I got a 98/100.

Do you mean to say that the MSc EME is tougher to get into than the MSc Eco or do you mean in terms of math/stat requirements?

Do they look at AWA for MSc Economics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ntkris)
    Do you mean to say that the MSc EME is tougher to get into than the MSc Eco or do you mean in terms of math/stat requirements?
    Both. The math requirements are certainly not just A-level math. Are you sure you're looking at the MSc requirements and not the BSc? That said, the two year route would give you time to take some math methods courses in your first year so it might not be absolutely crucial.

Do they look at AWA for MSc Economics?
    If they're asking for GMAT from International applicants, they will obviously consider it. To what extent? I don't know.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    They're asking for GRE but they've also mentioned that they will keep in mind that international applicants might not score extremely well in the verbal section.

Plus an AWA of 4 on 6 is not absolutely horrible right?

I'm really hoping on either cambridge or LSE although its a long shot.

i've got Warwick so far!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am also applying for MSc EME 2yr
    Do you have any decision? I have been waiting ages so far and no answer

ReputationRep:
    Akozio, I haven't received a reply yet. I submitted my application a little late as I changed my program choices.

What is your profile like? Did you take the GRE?

ReputationRep:
    I took GRE:
    Q800 V540 AWA4

I have Polish Master in Economics and have been working in central bank for 2 years.

I submitted my application in November and on 4 Dec it was passed to the Department so it's been 11 weeks without the holidays in Dec hope the decision will come soon. Let know when you got sth, good luck

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok.

This is actually my second choice. First choice is the MSc Economics 2 Yr Prog

What are your undergrad grades like? Do you have work ex?

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I applied for the 2yr EME as well and I got it! Just wanted to know if we were going to be classmates next year... and if you have any tips on which courses and teachers I should take... Thanks!
    Hope you got it!

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.