Turn on thread page Beta

It always goes this way watch

Sorry, this isn't a question as such. It's just a post to write about how i feel, perhaps if anyone has any advice, or an opinion on the matter they could contribute to the thread? It would be appreciated anyway.

I was seeing a guy for the past month, actually maybe slightly more, perhaps two months? We weren't in a relationship or anything, we were just seeing each other to see how things went. I thought that things were going well, he seemed to be really into me, and put himself out a lot to see me, (i would have done the same, but he insisted on seeing me). We went out on the friday, and he was acting sort of distant. He asked me what i wanted from him, whether it was friendship or a relationship, and i just answered that i wanted either, because i liked him but it did depend on how he felt as well. I know that he had recently come out of a relationship with someone, hence why we were taking things slowly. He told me that he was over her, but that some of the things she had done still affected him, and he wouldn't feel comfortable with a new relationship yet, as he felt like he wouldn't be 100% into it. Although he said that he found me attractive, and really liked me as a person and he doesn't really feel like that towards girls often. He told me that he doesn't want me to wait around for him, as he doesn't know how long it will take to get over what she has done to him, and i suppose he didn't want me to wait. Thing is, i really like him and i don't really feel like this towards guys very often, especially when they seem to feel the same towards me as well. Although, i'm very glad he told me this and didn't just mess me around or be in something which he didn't feel comfortable with.

However, now i'm unsure as to what to do. I mean, should i wait around for him? I realise i could be waiting for months and once's he's over all the emotional hurt he might not even want a relationship with me, and i haven't known him for that long. But he's become really special to me, he's all i've ever wanted or have been looking for in someone. Or should i just let it go, and move on? I really don't know what to do. Thanks for taking the time to read this, i'm sorry it's so long.

ReputationRep:
    I would say carry on as you are now? Keep spending time with him and see how things go. It was nice of him to tell you the truth, and he obviously has feelings for you. By the sounds of it he really just does need time, and If you like him and feel like he is worth it then a few months of waiting surely wont hurt..

ReputationRep:
    Waiting is the wrong word. If you meet someone else that you really fall for before this guy has made up his mind - then you have a problem. Right now I can't see any problem at all. Just keep an open mind (and eye) and don't get too emotionally attached in case this guy decides he definitely just wants to be friends. Also, don't take it further (than friendship) with him until he has made up his mind.

ReputationRep:
    yep, dont feel like your defo gonna get 2gether in the future.

try to remember that he might start likeing another girl next week... you never know...

basicley you cant help how you feel and he cant help how he feels... and yes this is a waiting game, not something you can demand in the next few weeks.

Thank you for the replies so far. I don't think that in a few weeks he'll start liking someone else as he's said that he doesn't really fall for girls very often. Also, i think that at the moment he just wants some space to sort himself out. I'll just cut contact for a while to give him some space i think. I do really like him though, i really think he would be worth the wait, but as others have said, i shouldn't get too attached.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't cut contact completely. Otherwise he might think you took it the wrong way and are no longer interested in him.

Just be friends for now. Unless you feel that you couldn't just be friends?

(Original post by llys)
    I wouldn't cut contact completely. Otherwise he might think you took it the wrong way and are no longer interested in him.

Just be friends for now. Unless you feel that you couldn't just be friends?

Sorry, i didn't mean completely. I just meant instead of texting him every few days and suggesting to meet up, i'll not text him as much. I sent him a text message yesterday morning saying that i'd still love to be his friend as he's a really nice person. Thank you for your help and advice .

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.