Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I do this? Like, atleast act like I'm moving on and staying away from him... He won't talk to me.
    He went to a party friday night and kissed another girl, two weeks after we broke up. We dated for two years. :/

ReputationRep:
    remove him from your life.

delete email address, block him on facebook, delete his number. put all photos of you two in a folder on your computer and hide it somewhere so you dont accidentally come across it. take everything he's given you and put it in a box in the loft. literally write him out of your life.

then at least temporarily avoid going to the same parties, keep as far away from his as you can. and tell your friends you dont want them to mention him around you.

its much much easier to get over someone when you cant be reminded of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How do I do this? Like, atleast act like I'm moving on and staying away from him... He won't talk to me.
    He went to a party friday night and kissed another girl, two weeks after we broke up. We dated for two years. :/
    Find someone else to have a crush on
    That's how i get over people. Find someone new to take your mind off the other person, and it works. I haven't thought about other people i used to like for ages, i think i'm well and truly over them.

ReputationRep:
    You need to surround yourself with your friends really and don't attempt to talk to him either. Just leave it for awhile until at least HE starts talking to you again. If he doesn't then you have to accept it and move on. Hope you don't think I'm being mean, I had a very similar story to yours a few years ago. Your friends/close family are who you need right now

ReputationRep:
    Go on a holiday

ReputationRep:
    Don't associate in the same social circle. Delete his number from your phone, delete him from any social networking sites. Don't go to places that he goes to. Just block him out. Keep busy, watch things that make you laugh and spend time with your friends and family

Just seems like he's getting all the fun right now. I have some moments where I feel really good and empowered, and then some where I literally want to die. The pain is quite awful when it hits like that. We were literally attached at the hip for two years, we were so close. So it's a really odd feeling.. especially as he's been to three parties in two weeks and got with a girl who he keeps messaging 'come down again, see what else happens ' and things like that. Two years was definitely not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    But in the two years you were happy right? So it was worth it for that?

Some people act like that after a break up, especially if it was long-term. He might feel like he should be out with other girls e.t.c. Just ignore him completely and ignore what he is doing and focus on yourself. I know it's really really hard to but you must for your own sanity.

I was happy with him, but if I hadn't met him, I would've have ever felt it and I wouldn't be going through this right now. His feelings obviously weren't strong if he's got with someone else a mere two weeks later. And it wasn't just a drunken mistake, he's still messaging her now.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any close friends you can sound off to?

Sometimes not all experiences are nice ones but we have to endure crappy points in our life unfortunately. I don't know how this anonymous thing works, like if you can send PMs (I'm a n00b) but you can PM me if you like because your situation sounds exactly the same as mine was.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Just seems like he's getting all the fun right now. I have some moments where I feel really good and empowered, and then some where I literally want to die. The pain is quite awful when it hits like that. We were literally attached at the hip for two years, we were so close. So it's a really odd feeling.. especially as he's been to three parties in two weeks and got with a girl who he keeps messaging 'come down again, see what else happens ' and things like that. Two years was definitely not worth it.

me and you have the exactly the same problem, lifes hitting me hard! i hope things get easier for you soon (and blocking people out of your life is stupidly diffucult) xxxx
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tallon)
    time.
    I hate that word. Really I do...but unfortunately you and the other 500 people who've said that to me in the past month are probably right

Yeah OP, give it time. I've done all sorts of things in the past month to get my mind off my ex, from throwing myself at random men to obsessively reading old emails and notes and stuff from my ex (and then less extreme things like joining salsa class and going to lots of movies and stuff). At the end of the day, all of this just takes your mind off your situation temporarily and I've learnt I just have to wait this horrible feeling out (or drink it away from time to time :p:).

Hope it gets better soon, for you and for me

ReputationRep:
    Time, really. And getting under someone else.

ReputationRep:
    pulling other people may be his way of dealing with it but it doesnt have to mean that he didnt care.
    he may be hurting more and trying to kid himself by getting someone else?
    dont be too hard on yourself, find your friends and family and have some fun on your own, learn to love yourself!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by LadyJaneGrey)
    I hate that word. Really I do...but unfortunately you and the other 500 people who've said that to me in the past month are probably right

Yeah OP, give it time. I've done all sorts of things in the past month to get my mind off my ex, from throwing myself at random men to obsessively reading old emails and notes and stuff from my ex (and then less extreme things like joining salsa class and going to lots of movies and stuff). At the end of the day, all of this just takes your mind off your situation temporarily and I've learnt I just have to wait this horrible feeling out (or drink it away from time to time :p:).

Hope it gets better soon, for you and for me

I think a lot of people who have actually been there will agree that time is the best healer even though it's a stupid cliche and not something anyone wants to hear. I'm still friends with my ex girlffriends, but I think waiting awhile untill you're over them is a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    sorry to hear about it, same thing happened to me, that ***** was a hoe fo show amirite

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel, its difficult to get over people. There is unfortunately no miracle cure and different people do it in different ways. Im just praying time works.

ReputationRep:
    OP, you said he got with someone else 2 weeks after the break up?
    my ex got with someone else 2 DAYS after the break up!

I understand it's very hard to get over someone you loved for 2 years.
    But what all the other people say is true.
    Either he's seeing this girl to forget you, either he really fancies her and -maybe- didn't care that much about you relationship (don't want to be mean, as it's exactly what is happening to me). If the 2nd statement is correct, just ask yourself : do you really want to cry after someone who doesn't give a damn?
    I know it's much easier said than done (I'm stuck there right now), but it's the truth really isn't it.

As others have said, time is the only really answer - and deleting him form your phone, FB ect.

feel free to pm me if you want to.

:console:

ReputationRep:
    It's quite simple really, you just forget about him...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.