Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm about to finish my first placement and I'm getting really nervous about all my outcomes cos I haven't written about how I've achieved them at all mainly because my mentor never seems to make time to help me go through them.
    I believe I all the evidence I can get to achieve them but also I'm not entirely sure on what to write.
    I was just wondering whether anybody else has had similar issues and are you basically saying how the evidence shows you have achieved a particular outcome??

Firstly, don't bother writing anything down explaining how you've achieved it- as you have to discuss each piece of evidence with your mentor and how it relates to said outcomes rathe than writing it down, your evidence should also reflect this within its self, also don't forget to write the outcomes (such as LO 2.1, 3.4) at the bottom of each piece of evidence

ALSO, have you referenced your evidence in your PAR? Reflective writing = RW, this should be at the front of your PAR, or atleast the OAR.

I'd also like to point out, you know your EBP assignement, the patches? it's THIS assignment you have to write down how each piece of evidence achieves an outcome, so if you want to use evidence from this placement, maybe write down what you discuss with your mentor for future reference!

Hope this helps! lol Where are you for placement? Also if you need any help with assignments just ask and i'm happy to help
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.