Turn on thread page Beta

some reason i dont think any girl would ever want to be with me ever? watch

Announcements

I don't what it is about me but girls just dont like me at all.

I think i'm ugly (I have a scar on my face hence my nickname is scarface with people I know) and probably just average height (6ft). I'm skinny (my family are poor whilst other people debate whether to have a holiday or not each year most arguments in my household are to do with food bills). I'm pale (I cant tan lol!!!!).

Personality : I try to be nice but for some reason I must rub people up the wrong way!?

Im nearly 20 years old and I've never even kissed a girl before and I was last hugged by a girl probably 4 years ago LOL!!! I dont know any girls and none seem to want to know me at all. I try to talk but they just look at the ground and give 1 word answers. You know how 'dating gurus' talk about girls giving signals that they like you for example eye contact or whatever well I never get that at all its like I dont exist!!

Some people say girls like bad guys but I cant be bad I'am a nice person at heart. I'am polite I treat people respectfully because I came from a bad school I know how bad some people can be and so i vowed never to be like that. I try to be helpful, I dont swear, dont drink, dont ***** behind peoples backs.

I need help guys seriously what should I do? Nearly 20 lol and no girl so when I do get a girl seriously can imagine her laughing at me and then thinking im weird for this when she finds out.

/end rant

Anyone know what I should do? How do I get out this situation?

ReputationRep:
    Only post a pic if you definatly want too - everyone in the world will have someone who will say nasty things about their appearence so be careful with that.

About your other stuff, maybe try getting out and making more of an effort to meet girls?
    You could speak to friends and try to arrange an outting/meet up with some girls that they know?
    About your appearence, you could try working out or changing something that would make you more confident?
    After all, if your confident with yourself and have good self esteem your chances of getting to know girls will improve! Just dont be too confident! haha

Plus, dont beat your self up too much about it, itll only make you feel worse!
    Try thinking of one good thing about you and your life at the start of each day, and think of that throughout the day when you feel down

I hope i helped!

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand where this "girls like bad boys" thing stems from. Its not true for every girl. Certainly not for me, I want a gentleman, someone who makes me feel amazing not someone who is unpredictabley "bad". Maybe in terms of O.N.S bad boys are desirable to some but when it comes to a long term relationship give me a good boy any day!

I think it all boils down to confidence, believe that you are worth being with and then girls will believe it too, treat them right and be yourself don't try and be someone you're not. Personally shy guys are quite endearing, arrogance is a big turn off.

ReputationRep:
    OP you sound lovely I wouldnt worry, honest. Your main problem seems to be that you lack confidence! How about doing some new things where you could meet some new people (and hopefully girls).. If you are in uni join some societies? or maybe join some evening classes for something fun. Also you say you don't drink (which of course is a good thing for your health!)..but the odd night out might help you meet some new people, even if there's little or no drink involved!
    also, nah, the majority of girls would much prefer a nice guy to a bad guy!

If you are really not happy with your appearance then maybe you could so something like have a new hairstyle etc, might boost your confidence

ReputationRep:
    I used to feel just like that. I was convinced no girl would ever like me that way. I got quite badly depressed because of it.

But then quite suddenly, and completely out of the blue, a girl did like me. It was weird that I was so convinced that would never happen and it just did all of a sudden.

ReputationRep:
    Well you know yourself better than we do so I have no idea why you're asking us this.

Actually I do, you're looking for sympathy/attention.

ReputationRep:
    aww, you sound really sweet!
    post a pic of yourself, im sure your scar does not ruin your face.
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't what it is about me but girls just dont like me at all.

I think i'm ugly (I have a scar on my face hence my nickname is scarface with people I know) and probably just average height (6ft). I'm skinny (my family are poor whilst other people debate whether to have a holiday or not each year most arguments in my household are to do with food bills). I'm pale (I cant tan lol!!!!).

Personality : I try to be nice but for some reason I must rub people up the wrong way!?

Im nearly 20 years old and I've never even kissed a girl before and I was last hugged by a girl probably 4 years ago LOL!!! I dont know any girls and none seem to want to know me at all. I try to talk but they just look at the ground and give 1 word answers. You know how 'dating gurus' talk about girls giving signals that they like you for example eye contact or whatever well I never get that at all its like I dont exist!!

Some people say girls like bad guys but I cant be bad I'am a nice person at heart. I'am polite I treat people respectfully because I came from a bad school I know how bad some people can be and so i vowed never to be like that. I try to be helpful, I dont swear, dont drink, dont ***** behind peoples backs.

I need help guys seriously what should I do? Nearly 20 lol and no girl so when I do get a girl seriously can imagine her laughing at me and then thinking im weird for this when she finds out.

/end rant

Anyone know what I should do? How do I get out this situation?
    Dude, I feel your pain, I really do.

Here is the the thing though.. nice guys finish last.

ReputationRep:
    you just need to be more out there. its all to do with putting yourself forward. when you mentioned the thing about hugs, im a girl and the hugs i get from male friends are usually initiated by the guys, so yeah im just saying there's no harm in making the first move in whatever you do! good luck!

ReputationRep:
    be yourself. Stay how you are. dont change yourself for someone else.
    you'll fine some one one day by being yourself.
    turning 20..no biggie !

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 29, 2010
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.