Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi there,

    I'm from Denmark, enjoying a gap year or two at the moment, and I'm contemplating studying in the UK in 2011.

    My deferred entry UCAS application is well under way, however I'm confused about whether or not UCAS wants me to enter the ECTS-equivalents of my grades, seeing as they state: "If you are entering an international qualification, please do not try to give a UK equivalent."

    I have completed the Danish equivalent of the AS/A-levels (Studentereksamen) and thusly selected that as my Education in the UCAS application. It requires me to fill in a grade for this examination, which I suspect could be my Weighted Average mark/grade (this is used to apply for universities/colleges in Denmark). Should I:

    a) round this weighted average down to the nearest convertible ECTS-grade letter

    b) write the Danish number (which isn't exactly 1-7, but essentially a slightly handicapped ECTS-grading scale with 7 grades representing the ECTS-letters)?

    On a related note, this is also an issue when filling in grades for the individual modules that I have completed. Should I simply fill in the ECTS-grades that I received (they are directly convertible)?

    Thanks in advance!
    • PS Reviewer

    PS Reviewer
    Fill in the grades in whatever way you receive them and they are recorded on your results slip or certificate. If necessary, your referee can explain the conversion either in your reference or by sending the universities you apply to a letter.

University open days

  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.