Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am a student from the UK and I am looking to apply to TCD next year for history. I am wondering what the fees are? I have read that there are no fees for EU students but I am unsure whether this is still correct or not?
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I would also like to know the answer to this...

ReputationRep:
    There are registration fees every year for like £1500. There was talk over it increasing but i don't think thats happening now. Considerably cheaper than in England.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I am in TCD at the moment, in my final year doing History and Political Science! First the fee for registration is like €1,200 for us and I think that is the same for UK students! Have you thought about History and Politics? Although History is good, History and Politics is a much better course and more highly regarded..just a thought that might help too.

ReputationRep:
    They have registration fees, but as an EU student they have no tuition fees as such. Bear in mind, though, that Dublin is pretty expensive to live in, and as far as I know, you wouldn't get any help from Student Finance to fund the registration fee.

I've applied there too, in case you were wondering.

Also: http://www.tcd.ie/Admissions/undergraduate/fees/ :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies. I don't suppose anyone knows when the open day for the History department is do they, I can't seem to find it on the website?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately open days been and gone. It is in December for the whole college, there is no different open days for departments.

ReputationRep:
    yee and if your applying for spet 2010 start deadlines tomorrow or you have to pay a late fee

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.