Turn on thread page Beta

I think i'm a really hard person to like. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I think i'm quite crap. I've managed to fall out with most of my housemates, I don't even think it was my fault. I think the icing on the cake was tonight, people kept leaving empty glassware outside my room from in the bathroom, assuming it was mine as sometimes I accidentally leave empty cans in there on the way to the kitchen. I'd warned them I'd break the glasses if they did it again; funny how the owner finally admits they're hers when I get rid of them.

Little things like this. I'm not an aggressive person, but I have a very Un-PC sense of humour and a lot of people think i'm being insulting when i'm really not. I actually asked one of my best friends for years why he puts up with me tonight and he replied:

"I just try to ignore it, I guess i've not had it as bad from you yet"

And then another friend I asked told me it's hard liking me, I'm very self centered. I don't think i'm self centered

Well this sucks; to know what everybody really thinks of me. Anyone else feel like they have a very unlikeable personality? D:

ReputationRep:
    Anon fail to the max.

Also yes i'm aware my signature totally doesn't help my cause.

:rofl: is the sig your doing OP?

Maybe pay attention to what you say a little bit more next time and try not to be too argumentative

ReputationRep:
    Awh.

You probably just live with really naff people.

It happens

ReputationRep:
    I'd get on with you. Although I wouldn't have threatened to break the glasses, I would have just bloody done it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsystoleUK)
    I think i'm quite crap. I've managed to fall out with most of my housemates, I don't even think it was my fault. I think the icing on the cake was tonight, people kept leaving empty glassware outside my room from in the bathroom, assuming it was mine as sometimes I accidentally leave empty cans in there on the way to the kitchen. I'd warned them I'd break the glasses if they did it again; funny how the owner finally admits they're hers when I get rid of them.

Little things like this. I'm not an aggressive person, but I have a very Un-PC sense of humour and a lot of people think i'm being insulting when i'm really not. I actually asked one of my best friends for years why he puts up with me tonight and he replied:

"I just try to ignore it, I guess i've not had it as bad from you yet"

And then another friend I asked told me it's hard liking me, I'm very self centered. I don't think i'm self centered

Well this sucks; to know what everybody really thinks of me. Anyone else feel like they have a very unlikeable personality? D:
    I personally find your sig hilarious.
    And maybe these are just people you don't 'click' with - I'm sure there are people you would get on with.

ReputationRep:
    I have a horrible personality TBH. The thing is, though, because I'm as quiet and anxiety-ridden as I am, no-one really sees my awful true colours and I somehow end up coming across as nice and therefore likeable XD;

See, that's what you should do, become an anxiety-ridden introvert and accidentally trick people into liking you :p: *LOL*

ReputationRep:
    Anon fail to the max.

Also yes i'm aware my signature totally doesn't help my cause.
    If the image in your sig was done by you then I conclude the following:

1. You're a douche for doing that to someone desperately trying to finish work in the library.

2. You're more of a douche for taking a photo and uploading it to an online forum.

ReputationRep:
    your sig is hilarious but you always have to take into account how YOU would react if someone did that to you.

Therefore, if you empathise a little more with people, and stay away from... risky conversation until you know them better, you will maximise your chances of.. being liked?

ReputationRep:
    You don't sound that bad? I would put myself in the non pc sense of humour category, so people sometimes think its odd if i bring up necrophilia or bestiality on nights out, but i find it amusing. I think some people might find me weird/annoying, because I am quite quirky and liable to say really random things, and it can compute as blunt/ditzy.
    housemates can get petty over small things, i wouldn't worry too much, mine get annoyed when i forget to put foil over chicken, leave bottles of water around etc. I think most people are self-centered, I guess it just requires a bit more thought into asking how they are and what they have been doing etc. Sometimes its more part of a social convention than even if you're actively interested, but people will respond to it, and consider you thoughtful, and they might have some really interesting things to say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeStudent)
    :rofl: is the sig your doing OP?
    Yeah, the best part was when the student turned up and looked livid, then asked my friend nearby if she'd seen anything. I thought my lungs were going to explode.

(Original post by adamrules247)
    I'd get on with you. Although I wouldn't have threatened to break the glasses, I would have just bloody done it.
    I don't even know why she got so annoyed, she went to throw them away anyway because they were stained with old coffee.. ew.

(Original post by Lasuil)
    I personally find your sig hilarious.
    :awesome: thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adiaphora)
    You don't sound that bad? I would put myself in the non pc sense of humour category, so people sometimes think its odd if i bring up necrophilia or bestiality on nights out, but i find it amusing.
    I'm like that in a sense but I guess I'm just not affected by harsher topics so much. Things like jokes about haiti and those that go around after a celebrity death, I find hilarious. Somebody was telling me a story about a girl he'd got with earlier and I responded "It would've been funnier if you'd just raped her". I'm obviously joking with all of this, but people don't find it funny at all. It is to me :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm like that in a sense but I guess I'm just not affected by harsher topics so much. Things like jokes about haiti and those that go around after a celebrity death, I find hilarious. Somebody was telling me a story about a girl he'd got with earlier and I responded "It would've been funnier if you'd just raped her". I'm obviously joking with all of this, but people don't find it funny at all. It is to me :/
    You sound like a try-hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    You sound like a try-hard.
    What's that? And why?

ReputationRep:
    What's that o.O And why?
    Someone who tries too hard to be funny and "un-PC".

Probably the kind of person who uses internet memes in real life, but fails to make them contextually relevant.

An annoyance, basically, who makes you feel as though you have to fake-laugh to shut them up and stop them from crying when their jokes fail.

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a guy a live with, and I find him funny! You probably just live with boring people. As for the glasses thing, I get pretty pissy as well with people leaving their crap near my door. Not for the same reason, obviously, but its still rude.

ReputationRep:
    oh well, thats how jimmy carr got famous!

i think you'd be hilarious to hang around with! complete LOL at your sig! x

ReputationRep:

Probably the kind of person who uses internet memes in real life, but fails to make them contextually relevant.

An annoyance, basically, who makes you feel as though you have to fake-laugh to shut them up and stop them from crying when their jokes fail.
    Ohh okay, no I'm not that guy. I don't exactly go out of my way to say things like that and I especially don't spout memes; It's just my general attitude and replies to what people say that are apparently unlikeable and self centered. D:

ReputationRep:
    You've got to know who is okay with those kinds of jokes and who isn't, OP. When I meet up with my best friends, I'm liable to grope their boobs and tell them that they're looking perky today, or at work sometimes I spank my co-workers and they return the gesture whilst we all roll around saying 'LOL'.

But when I meet someone for the first time, I do not spank them and grope their boobs/moobs. It'd be weird. I get to know that person and try and come across as reasonably pleasant and then when I know them very well I know how far I can take my jokes. Maybe you need to try and gauge whether someone will actually 'get' your jokes before trying them out.

Plus, as GodspeedGehenna said, you do sound like a try-hard.

ReputationRep:

Oh dear lord I agree with this.

Especially with people who try to push rape jokes and haiti jokes, you start to wonder what they actually care about :dontknow: OP maybe you should try to be more approachable, because your jokes don't really seem to make you the approachable type.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.