Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Well, I have been texting and seeing a guy occassionally since he left sixth form last Juneish. We had been getting on really well, basically texting each other daily, but only seeing each other like monthly.
    Anyway, Friday night we were at a party, and I realised that we werent looking for the same thing, in what we had.
    So on Saturday I asked him what he wanted to get out of 'us'. He said he wanted the whole relationship and everything. I thought I had made it pretty clear that I wasnt wanting everything, just a bit of a laugh and fun as Im going to uni in September and dont particually want to be tied down there... So anyway, I told him this. But he said he was willing to see where it goes and try even while Im at uni.
    From this he asked where do we go next. And I said the basic options were either have a bit of fun until August/September, or stop before it gets hard and there are feeling involved ( I have a feeling its too late for the feelings part on his side though ).
    He replied with having a bit of fun. However I think this was said half-heartidly.
    Anyway, today (being Sunday) I didnt get my normal good morning text or anything of the sort, till i texted around 7pm. And i cant sa he seems like his normal self.

So my problem is, do I carry on as we said having fun, or do I stop it before I completely break him, or completely ruin the friendship and what we had?

Sorry for the longness. But any help from anyone-I guess guys especially- I would be very greatful.
    xxx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.