Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anybody live in Rome/know much about it? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Rome in June, staying in a hotel near the Giustianina (apologies if that's spelt wrong :p:) train station.
    What I want to know is, can I get to the train station easily from Ciampino Airport, and is it easy to get to all the typical touristy areas (the Collasseum, the Vatican...) from Giustianina as well?
    I'd be grateful if someone could tell me, I'm so worried I'll book it and we'll be 3 hours away from everything
    xx

<edit> if it's any help,
    http://www.romeguide.it/FILES/Romatras.gif
    Giustianina is on the black line on the left (y)

ReputationRep:
    La Giustiniana is on the outskirts of Rome to the north-west city, it is also a fair way from Ciampino airport which is to the south-eat of the city. To get there from the airport you would have to take the Terravision bus (around €4 one-way) to Termini station, which is the main train station in Rome. This would take 45-60 mins. From there you can take the metro line A to 'Battistini', get off at 'Valle Aurelia' and then take the FM3B train towards 'Cesano', this train will stop at 'La Giustiniana'. It's not too complicated but if you can afford a hotel/hostel closer to the centre then all the better!

I'm not sure exactly how long it would take to get from Termini to La Giustiniana but it's about 10 miles from the centre - i'd guess about 40mins. It would also be worth checking to see if your hotel offers a shuttle bus service as many which are on the outskirts do.

Have fun in Rome, it's my favourite city in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyKing)
    La Giustiniana is on the outskirts of Rome to the north-west city, it is also a fair way from Ciampino airport which is to the south-eat of the city. To get there from the airport you would have to take the Terravision bus (around €4 one-way) to Termini station, which is the main train station in Rome. This would take 45-60 mins. From there you can take the metro line A to 'Battistini', get off at 'Valle Aurelia' and then take the FM3B train towards 'Cesano', this train will stop at 'La Giustiniana'. It's not too complicated but if you can afford a hotel/hostel closer to the centre then all the better!

I'm not sure exactly how long it would take to get from Termini to La Giustiniana but it's about 10 miles from the centre - i'd guess about 40mins. It would also be worth checking to see if your hotel offers a shuttle bus service as many which are on the outskirts do.

Have fun in Rome, it's my favourite city in the world.
    Thank you Sounds a bit complicated but I'm sure we'll be fine and nah can't find a decent cheap hotel nearer the centre and the hotel I'm thinking of seems lovely, I can put up with the travel.
    Thank you for replying!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.