Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Basically I'm in a LDR with my boyfriend. And we are seeing each other this week, but I'll still be on my period. It will be really light but still...is it too messy to have sex whilst on your period? I haven't told him yet. I guess he will find out though.

Any advice, much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    well i used swear id never have sex on my period, but then due to probs wit the pill i had a light period for like a month so ended up giving in and having sex on it,
    my advice would me firstly warn your bf when u see him and gage how he feels about it my bf really wanted to do it so i gave in!
    secondly its not too messy especially as you're light but you cant do several sex positions id stick to one,you on top is probably least messy and when you finish wipe him with like a towel or something so he dont get blood all on the sheets, to clean up and thats it and when you're doing it try to forget you're on your period and enjoy

ReputationRep:
    Warn him and tell him your flow is light - shouldn't be toooo messy (Tbh, we've never had any mess whatsoever lol). He may want to push on ahead/may not/might wanna wear a condom ect. But even if there is any form of mess, you can always go and take a shower together

ReputationRep:
    u def need to tell him or he'll be unpleasently surprised!

ReputationRep:
    It's def his choice, but he's unlikely to say no..

ReputationRep:
    It's really okay to do it when you're on your period

but yeah, warn him first to see how he feels about it

ReputationRep:
    It can be messy depending on position, but yeah the bath/shower idea is a good one, but definently warn him, keep wet wipes handy, spare sheets etc!!!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    To avoid blood on the sheets, stick a towel on the bed.

ReputationRep:
    towel on the bed, or in the shower..... when i'm on my period i tend to get horny thou the middle of my cycle so i have had sex whilst on my period, even when its quite heavy....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.