Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

If u could go back to deciding on which ALevels to do, would u? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I would, currently im doing English Lit, Economics and Media

I woulda chose English Lit & Lang, Media Studies, Business, Sociology and/or Psychology...Or woulda worked hard instead of being too lazy 2 do the extended project :o:

What about u guys??

ReputationRep:
    I would, and would choose Maths, Biology, and Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have done chemistry, as i'm now in the first year of a physics degree and have no hope of a career in medicine (as a graduate) as my A-Levels are Maths Fmaths physics and philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    If I could, I would have picked Further Maths instead of Geography in Year 12.

ReputationRep:
    I took Maths, Chemistry, Biology and German and am taking History in one year.

Instead I would have taken History (in 2 years!), English Lit, German (or maybe French), English Lit and perhaps a fifth subject (such as French) and I would have started vocab and grammar learning for the languages as soon as year 12 started, and not once year 13 starts!

ReputationRep:
    I would have gone waay back to gcse's and pick history then do that for A level instead of flippin ict

ReputationRep:
    I would have changed from Law to Economics.

ReputationRep:
    I take Maths, Economics, Biology and Chemistry.

If I could, I would drop Biology and take up Further Maths...

ReputationRep:
    I would have taken History, economics, rs and geography

ReputationRep:
    I am taking Bio, Chem, Hist and psy

I would have taken Bio, Chem, Psy, Maths

ReputationRep:
    I would have replaced Physics with Spanish, dunno why i didn't :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OL1V3R)
    If I could, I would have picked Further Maths instead of Geography in Year 12.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    i take history geography economics and politics

if i could do it again i'd do maths economics politics and english lit

ReputationRep:
    I'd have gone to a different college so I could have done Politics instead of English Language.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't change anything.

ReputationRep:
    Definitley.

I would've done English Literature if it had have been available at the time.

ReputationRep:
    I do maths, physics, English language, and critical thinking (and I started French in year 11, finished the A2 at the end of yesr 12).

I wouldn't have done French early; I would have waited to start it in year 12 like normal people. That would mean I would have had a proper teacher who actually knew what they were doing. I would have also not chosen critical thinking. I dunno what I would put in its place though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrookedLegs)
    I'd have gone to a different college so I could have done Politics instead of English Language.
    This. I would have looked at different sixth forms and tried to go to one where I could take Classical Civilisations as a fifth subject, but it would have been difficult.

ReputationRep:
    I would love to have the chance again. However I'm glad with what I studied at university, and I've been fortunate enough to get onto a very good Graduate Scheme. However, it has always kinda riled me, and I think always will, that I never studied Geography past GCSE's, I was always very interested in it and don't really know why I never took it futher. Had i taken it to a level I may well have gone onto uni to study it, not the way things worked out though... and lifes worked out ok, so its a tough one really

ReputationRep:
    I would've done the same (maths phys chem bio) except I wouldn't have bothered with Spanish at AS.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.