Turn on thread page Beta

If u could go back to deciding on which ALevels to do, would u? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ourlastmemory)
    Yes. Should have gone for Art instead of Psychology...wanted to do Politics but stupid option blocks wouldn't let me :emo: logically should have gone for Politics instea of Physics since I'm not doing maths and I'm not amazing at it but I quite like it anyway
    Music and History are fine..

Compensating by dropping Psycho at the end of this year and taking up AS Art alongside my 3 A2s if all goes to plan :yep:
    the blocks were annoying. I had t change teacher and class because of one small change. I would have preferred the original history class..the new one was ****.

ReputationRep:
    YES
    I do/did psychology, maths, history and business...
    If i could go back i would do biology instead of business, for one my business studies teacher is shockingly rubbish (making me no longer interested in the subject) plus biology would have been such a help for when i study psychology at degree level!

But ah well

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't not do any of my subjects (History, Classical Civilisation, Religious Studies) but I would have kept on English Lit to A2. Also would have taken Maths AS but my school wouldn't let anyone take 5 AS in lower 6th so I couldn't. Really feel I didn't push myself hard enough for my A Levels.

ReputationRep:
    I like what I'm doing, but at the same time, I wish I could take any of the following: English Language, Latin (from GCSE!), Maths, Ancient History.

The schools surrounding me are rubbish with respect to the last one though.

ReputationRep:
    Took French
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm ok with my subjects. But if I'd chosen again I would have done Chemistry instead of Psychology as it's more relevant to my chosen uni course.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I'm pretty happy with what I took. Although I wouldn't have minded being able to do the IB, so I could German and History as well :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    I would have carried on Art after AS to A2, even if it meant I got no sleep I missed it a lot! Other than that I loved my A-level subjects and when I think about it they really weren't that hard (although I possibly wouldn't have said that at the time...)

ReputationRep:
    Probably would've been more beneficial to do something like Textiles and Photography from the start, but I'm glad with what I've already achieved and that I can still get offers on uni courses I'd be interested in even though my A-level subjects aren't particularly relevant.

ReputationRep:
    I would have picked RS instead of Spanish for AS. I'd keep my 3 A2s the same though

ReputationRep:
    I did Maths, F.Maths(AS), Biology and PE.

If I could do it again I'd swap PE for chemistry, and do Eng lang too. I'd also sort myself out more and not take two years to pull up my F.Maths grade. I did actually enjoy PE though... Maybe I should have just gave myself loads more to do. I was lazy when I hardly had to do anything

ReputationRep:
    I'd pick easier subjects lol

ReputationRep:
    My AS Levels were:
    Media
    Spanish
    English Lang
    Economics & Business (eeeeeww)

I would have done:
    Media
    Biology
    Spanish
    English Lang (or maybe Chemistry?)

But oh well, I'm at the University which I wanted to go to anyway

ReputationRep:
    I'd still do the same (English Lang, French and German) but I'd do either R.E or English Lit instead of Welsh at AS.

ReputationRep:
    Maths, Further Maths, Physics & Music.

ReputationRep:
    I'dve gone to college first off.

I would have picked RS or Graphics instead of French. Would have picked something more exciting for History. Possibly wouldn't have done English Lit.

Who knows xD

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Geography French and English Lit.

If I could go back to like 4 months ago I would have kept history on and dropped English... like omg the work load for English is too much and damaging my other subjects.

ReputationRep:
    I did Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and General Studies.
    I would have liked to do Spanish or Biology instead of General Studies, but my school wouldn't allow that many 'real' subjects.

I might have liked to do Music at A-Level, but I doubt I would have been good enough to get an A

ReputationRep:
    would never have touched philosophy and chemistry. instead i would have done further maths and music/english lit&lang

ReputationRep:
    I did A level English Language, Psychology and Sociology.

I should have taken either AS Biology or AS English Literature alongside them in my first year.

I also should have gone to a decent college!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.