Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think?

I think I like the picture in your sig.

Not much. It's a bit too late to start complaining about rehabilitation but treating him like Magneto is a bit over the top, let him have some company at least and just keep an eye on him...

For starters there are much more dangerous prisoners in the system than Maudsley is my first opinion.

I think considering the sheer level of abuse he was subjected to as a child it probably meant that when he grew up he was either going to pose a threat to himself or others. As it so happened his victims were sex offenders, sort of understandable really considering the way he was treated as a child by his parents. It's almost as though he's more a vigilante than a random psychopathic killer in many respects.

It's a shame towards the end of the article that it mentions that psychiatrists tried to help him, but the prison service kept moving him and cutting off his treatment almost out of revenge and spite. Those responsible for these moves should be questioned so as to ascertain their motives, in my opinion. Those who would take pleasure in these sorts of actions, can't be all that right in the head themselves.

Tests have shown that he is clearly a troubled yet highly intelligent man. Keeping him in solitary with no treatment, no entertainment, nothing. Is simply barbarism in my eyes.
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.