Turn on thread page Beta

Article today in Daily Mail...outraged! Not fat! watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-epidemic.html

This campaign against people who are NOT superskinny is getting ridiculous. If i knew how to make a poll i would but either way, i felt totally disgusted at the daily mail using that photo, to describe obesity, of the young girl. Clearly she just has hips that she is trying to squeeze into a small dress but at least she has confidence to show off a bit of flesh.

Would they be saying she was fat if she had big boobs? NO! (not that we can see anyway)

Please join me in this campaign to say no to super-skinny!

ReputationRep:
    It's the daily mail. I think you should ignore everything it says, it's all ludicrous.

ReputationRep:
    Muffin tops: But eating less and exercising more may have no impact on people putting on weight

LOL. "may" = 1 study shows it is therefore I'll highlight it to back up my point, even though I know it's a load of ********.

ReputationRep:
    yeh the daily mail is just full of **** tbh

ReputationRep:
    The author is a lawyer, not a nutritionist or doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Baby got clunge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloedabell)
    It's the daily mail. I think you should ignore everything it says, it's all ludicrous.
    i know, my mom bought it randomly, but its the fact that thousands of people DO properly read those articles and believe them thats the worst thing! its totally irresponsible

i bet the editor is some jealous flat-chested ignorant soandso

ReputationRep:
    oh good another fat topic, why does it have to be fat or skinny and not inbetween lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    oh good another fat topic, why does it have to be fat or skinny and not inbetween lol
    But this is the whole point! That girl is not fat and is not skinny, in fact she seems the perfect size. Yet is being victimised
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ah yes exercise, the thing that uses energy, what fat is stored to be used for, there is no chance that could help you lose fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloedabell)
    this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sean kefw)
    But this is the whole point! That girl is not fat and is not skinny, in fact she seems the perfect size. Yet is being victimised

tbf she does look a bit podgy to me

ReputationRep:
    Oh come of it mate, that girl IS fat. Get off your high horse.

can we please stop pussy-footing around.

ReputationRep:
    #that was actually a good article for once

and notice she has excess fat right around her hips what does that indicate - really bad insulin tolerance.

it was more about "eat less carbs" carbs are the enemy not fat

ReputationRep:
    Eh, she's a little chubby. Mostly, though, she's just so poorly dressed that I can't decide whether I should laugh or cry.

ReputationRep:
    She is actually probably a bit overweight. You are right in saying that she isn't obese, but perfect size she is not.

In the meantime, whilst everyone is against superskinny, the amount of money that goes into healthcare that is spent on weight related problems is enormous, and tbh a lot more people get health complications from obesity than they do from problems such as anorexia/bulimia.

Don't slate me, I'm not for people having a skewed vision of themselves and having ridiculously low self esteem, I support people having a healthy outlook on their weight, which not only includes not being underweight but also not being overweight either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a.posteriori)
    Eh, she's a little chubby. Mostly, though, she's just so poorly dressed that I can't decide whether I should laugh or cry.
    I agree, I think it's just the clothes that she's chosen that make her look a bit chubby

To the Daily Mail, all women are fat.

Except Nigella Lawson, whom they idolise to make them feel better about themselves :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    The Daily-Mail knows best.

ReputationRep:
    Let's be realistic.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.