Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have my heart set on attending here next year, to study International Fashion Marketing.
    I'll be studying a foundation year first though, because I've not achieved enough grades within my first year to get on the 1st year.
    So I'm looking for Accomodation surrounding the All Saints Campus. I can't seem to find anything that compares it.. is there a website?
    Or can anyone tell me their views on any of the halls?

ReputationRep:
    try these two links:

http://www.mmu.ac.uk/accommodation/manchester/

http://www.manchesterstudenthomes.com/ <<< lists go live tomorrow these are for the privately run student halls

ReputationRep:
    Thanks but I've already looked at them.. I wanted peoples personal views. :/

ReputationRep:
    you asked for a website lolz
    Wilmslow is a popular one all rooms ensuite but it depends on what you prefer sharing or not as each person is different im there on weds this week at an applicant day for my degree so i can let you know about what halls i visit though i am going for Wilmslow as i looked at this in more detail on the opal website (one of the private run ones) even though you can apply to Wilmslow via MMU on the 1st April the private run ones are taking applications now but you do need a deposit which is 2 weeks advance rent

Halls located around All Saints Campus are as follows:
    Oxford Court ... Cavendish Halls and Cambridge Halls (ive heard Cambridge is popular and share with alot of people the bathroom) and Briarfields Hall (these are MMU halls)
    New Medlock House... Student Village ... Cambridge House ... Sir Charles Groves Hall and Victoria Hall 1 (these are privately run halls)

maybe google them and see from each page as far as i know there isnt a website that does a comparsion like you can do with Universities
    But ulimiately its what you want from your halls ensuite or not sharing with few or upto 10 people etc etc

ReputationRep:
    i found this which when viewed online shows the accomadation side by side so you can compare that way for MMU may this will help

http://www.mmu.ac.uk/accommodation/p...r-brochure.pdf
    the prices though are 2009/10 ones listed but they havent updated the pdf for 2010/11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smophi3)
    I have my heart set on attending here next year, to study International Fashion Marketing.
    I'll be studying a foundation year first though, because I've not achieved enough grades within my first year to get on the 1st year.
    So I'm looking for Accomodation surrounding the All Saints Campus. I can't seem to find anything that compares it.. is there a website?
    Or can anyone tell me their views on any of the halls?

i live in oxford court at present cuz im on foundation year too, i could post pictures? also theyre quite nice, good size, crap hoovers though lol

ReputationRep:
    i looked round Oxford Court today as i went to the applicant open day they are 4 rooms in a flat you can either share same sex or mixed though sometimes you wont get what you preference.
    i thought they looked tiny to be honest

ReputationRep:
    omg thats so wierd i've got an offer for international fashion marketing foundation as well! dunno whether to go or not yet, gotta wait for other unis to hurry up lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dubstepper)
    i live in oxford court at present cuz im on foundation year too, i could post pictures? also theyre quite nice, good size, crap hoovers though lol
    Awesome! What's it been like staying there? I was thinking about Briarsfield, cos you can share with more people... @:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amiejade-x)
    omg thats so wierd i've got an offer for international fashion marketing foundation as well! dunno whether to go or not yet, gotta wait for other unis to hurry up lmao
    Awesome! I can't wait to go there. It's definately my first choice! Where else have you applied to? xx

ReputationRep:
    westminster for fashion buying- got interview next tues!
    uni of the arts for fashion buying and merch fd- another interview next fri lol
    nottingham trent - but got rejected lmao
    and fashion buying fd at man met as well - and got offer for that as well
    how bout you?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone stay in Briarfields Halls ? was just wondering if there was a real differencfe between standard and en-suite rooms ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amiejade-x)
    westminster for fashion buying- got interview next tues!
    uni of the arts for fashion buying and merch fd- another interview next fri lol
    nottingham trent - but got rejected lmao
    and fashion buying fd at man met as well - and got offer for that as well
    how bout you?
    I got rejected from nottingham trent too! weirdo's. err Northumbria got an interview, man met for int fashion mkt but the first year aaaand glasgow caledonian for fashion business I've got a conditional for there. But.. I really wanna go to Manchester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spookytan)
    does anyone stay in Briarfields Halls ? was just wondering if there was a real differencfe between standard and en-suite rooms ?
    I've not heard from anyone who stays in Briarfields yet.. :/ no one seems to stay there! haha.

ReputationRep:
    some people in the yougo forums are considering Briarfields as its the cheapest option ..

ReputationRep:
    I hate nottingham for rejected me aswell.....really wanted to go. anyone going to manchester met for fashion buying? xx

ReputationRep:
    Just saw this that some people have applied for international fashion marketing so have i!!! MMU is my forst choice and i live in Bolton so i have to go private, i think im guna stay in Victoria Halls as there cheap-ish ensuite and seem ok accoriding to here! i gor rejected from nottingham trent alsoo!! and northumbria! ha epic failure!! how were your nourthumbria interview? xx

ReputationRep:
    I didn't go. I had my heart set on mmu after the faculty open day (: still need to choose my halls though. I've got to go near all saints, cos I've got to do a foundation year. Because I've messed around too much in my last two years of college to actually get a good grade :/ haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smophi3)
    I didn't go. I had my heart set on mmu after the faculty open day (: still need to choose my halls though. I've got to go near all saints, cos I've got to do a foundation year. Because I've messed around too much in my last two years of college to actually get a good grade :/ haha
    i went on open day and i loved manchester!!! and international fashion marketing with fd year is my firm choice have u applied for accomodation yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash_1)
    hey,

i have got a single ensuite room to give it on rent for £75 pw including bills. its in private student hall called MSV SOUTH.its preety close to MMU. if u r intrested plz email me on [email protected]

thanks
    talk about spamming the boards much ash_1 every single thread on MMU with same ever thought about using GUMTREE to advertise or asking the accommodation block you signed to to help ... most people on here have already organised and got their accommodation sorted out.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 9, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.