Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dubstepper)
    i live in oxford court at present cuz im on foundation year too, i could post pictures? also theyre quite nice, good size, crap hoovers though lol
    whats oxford court like socially? quiet orrrr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samo37)
    whats oxford court like socially? quiet orrrr
    It comes down to who you get put with really. Given that Oxford Court has some of the smallest flats of any MMU halls (4 people per flat), you can't really guarantee there will be something going on all the time. However when applying for accommodation, one of the questions you get asked is whether you'd like to be in a loud or quiet flat, and usually every flat on the same floor is filled with like minded people, so you should be ok (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    It comes down to who you get put with really. Given that Oxford Court has some of the smallest flats of any MMU halls (4 people per flat), you can't really guarantee there will be something going on all the time. However when applying for accommodation, one of the questions you get asked is whether you'd like to be in a loud or quiet flat, and usually every flat on the same floor is filled with like minded people, so you should be ok (:
    After all this bloody research i've been doing thts the most usefull information iv recieved thank you i didn't know that. I was looking more into briarsfield en-suite,im stuck between that and cambridge!! shared showers/toilets:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samo37)
    After all this bloody research i've been doing thts the most usefull information iv recieved thank you i didn't know that. I was looking more into briarsfield en-suite,im stuck between that and cambridge!! shared showers/toilets:confused:
    I stayed in Cambridge, and yeah the shared bathroom/showers with nine other people can be a bit daunting (You do get two of each in Cambridge though, so one for every five people). If you can genuinely see yourself having a problem with it, I'd probably steer clear of Cambridge. But given how big the halls are (30 people on each floor), assuming you get to know everyone you'll never be short of things to do or people who want to go out. It's a case of weighing up whether you want to risk being stuck in a bathroom situation you're uncomfortable with, for the chance to stay in what are known to be the liveliest halls. At the end of the day you get out of uni what you put in- if you talk to enough people, get involved in enough stuff, you won't have any problems. Just pick the living conditions you feel most comfortable with [=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    I stayed in Cambridge, and yeah the shared bathroom/showers with nine other people can be a bit daunting (You do get two of each in Cambridge though, so one for every five people). If you can genuinely see yourself having a problem with it, I'd probably steer clear of Cambridge. But given how big the halls are (30 people on each floor), assuming you get to know everyone you'll never be short of things to do or people who want to go out. It's a case of weighing up whether you want to risk being stuck in a bathroom situation you're uncomfortable with, for the chance to stay in what are known to be the liveliest halls. At the end of the day you get out of uni what you put in- if you talk to enough people, get involved in enough stuff, you won't have any problems. Just pick the living conditions you feel most comfortable with [=
    yeah your right thats basically what it boils down to. was you happy with your disicion? how was yoyr experience with sharing the fascilities? also is cavendish also on par with cambridge socially speaking?

ReputationRep:
    heyyy guys, a bit of help needed.

just accepted my place at mmu as my firm but just a little confused as to when to start applying for halls. i wanna make wilmslow my first choice, im just unsure as to when to start applying, any help would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    i think we can apply from 1st april!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm considering either Cambridge Halls or Cavendish Halls, as they're the cheapest. I'm not bothered about sharing the toilets/showers etc. Just wondering how they compare on liveliness/noise levels?

Thankss

ReputationRep:
    Im also wondering what cavendish are like... the only one I can afford as I get the minimum loan!! Will be staying there what ever but would like a bit of info on the place if possible

ReputationRep:
    Im thinking of applying to oxford court too. Not very keen on the whole only 4 people thing though :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heleng1991)
    Im thinking of applying to oxford court too. Not very keen on the whole only 4 people thing though :s
    I was talking to a girl who stays in cambridge and she said that with Cambridge at least you know theres bound to be people you get along with in your flat but in Oxford, only sharing with 4 people you might not get along wit them or have things in common with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heleng1991)
    i live there atm, i get on well with my housemates, we are friends with 4 other flats in the blocks next door, so theres about 20 of us that are good friends and theres always at least 10 of us when we go out up to about 30 people, so its definitely not quiet we always hang out in each others flats and just go in and out of them as we please, so living with only 3 others doesn't restrict you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amiejade-x)
    i live there atm, i get on well with my housemates, we are friends with 4 other flats in the blocks next door, so theres about 20 of us that are good friends and theres always at least 10 of us when we go out up to about 30 people, so its definitely not quiet we always hang out in each others flats and just go in and out of them as we please, so living with only 3 others doesn't restrict you
    Ah cool that doesn't sound too bad. I'm coming down for a open day on the 23rd so I'll have a look around

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 9, 2011

University open days

1. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Autumn Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
  2. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Autumn Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  3. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Courses Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.