Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit confused. I live in Wolverhampton, so i'm basically a 15-20 minute train journey away from the centre of Birmingham.

Is it worth moving into student accomodation for the first year? As i'm kinda worried about missing out on things if i don't live there!

ReputationRep:
    Edit: That wasn't the most useful reponse from me.

Up to you really.

With halls I don't think it's just the issue of social life, I think you also have to consider what you learn from it as well. It's good to live in halls at first because you start to experience what it's like living on your own. Living with your parents still is not always the best idea (I'm assuming you do anyway) even if you do maybe save a bit of money.

I know a few people who didn't move and they're fine in terms of the social stuff, they've made friends on their course and from different courses. I think it's about how much effort you put in really. But it may be more beneficial to live on campus to get the most out of it. They had a few issues with commuting, in terms of other issues.

ReputationRep:
    yes you will miss out on a lot of things

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you're jumping out the frying pan and into the fire with those two. On a serious note, go in to accomodation as you'll regret it because there will be things you miss out on, try not to think about the financial ramifications that you could easily just miss out on if you lived at home, and think more about the life experiences you could miss out on if you don't go in to halls.

ReputationRep:
    I will always recommend living on campus in the first year. It just helps you settle into uni life easier and you get to make friends easier too.

I say if you can afford it then definitely go for it! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the help
    Suppose I had better live away then.. More debt for me

ReputationRep:
    You could always move home in your other years though

ReputationRep:
    I struggle to get outa bed and up while living on campus, forget having to get up even earlier (MUCH) to get the train in hope its not packed etc! Bad times indeed! My friend does it and misses out on so much tbh...is a bit better now but still misses out greatly!

University open days

1. Aston University
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.