The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 1
Edit: That wasn't the most useful reponse from me.

Up to you really.

With halls I don't think it's just the issue of social life, I think you also have to consider what you learn from it as well. It's good to live in halls at first because you start to experience what it's like living on your own. Living with your parents still is not always the best idea (I'm assuming you do anyway) even if you do maybe save a bit of money.

I know a few people who didn't move and they're fine in terms of the social stuff, they've made friends on their course and from different courses. I think it's about how much effort you put in really. But it may be more beneficial to live on campus to get the most out of it. They had a few issues with commuting, in terms of other issues.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
yes you will miss out on a lot of things
Sounds like you're jumping out the frying pan and into the fire with those two. On a serious note, go in to accomodation as you'll regret it because there will be things you miss out on, try not to think about the financial ramifications that you could easily just miss out on if you lived at home, and think more about the life experiences you could miss out on if you don't go in to halls.
Reply 4

I will always recommend living on campus in the first year. It just helps you settle into uni life easier and you get to make friends easier too.

I say if you can afford it then definitely go for it! :awesome:
Reply 5
Thank you for the help :smile:
Suppose I had better live away then.. More debt for me :biggrin:
You could always move home in your other years though
Reply 7
I struggle to get outa bed and up while living on campus, forget having to get up even earlier (MUCH) to get the train in hope its not packed etc! Bad times indeed! My friend does it and misses out on so much tbh...is a bit better now but still misses out greatly!

Latest