Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone reccomend the en-suite accomodation at essex? I don't want to share a bathroom (tried that last year, didn't like it too much) but I want a bit of a party atmosphere as well as being able to study when it's important. Where I am likely to enjoy it most? I liked the look of Quays, but I've since heard that it's mostly postgrads and international students... is this true?

ReputationRep:
    Yes you tend to find most post grads and internationals at Quays, South Courts is cool, I was in there in my first year. I had one of the bigger flats that was split into 3 sections, with 3 kitchens and we all had our own bathrooms.

South Courts is also cheaper than the Quays.

ReputationRep:
    Go with southcourts. en suit, and generally more sociable than the houses, and closer to campus than the quays.

ReputationRep:
    The Towers are constantly full with students from the South Courts, because most of the time the latter has no social life.

ReputationRep:
    I lived in south courts in my first year and loved it! I lived in Harwich courts and ended up making friends with lots of the people who lived in the flats next to me. It has the convience of having a bathroom and large rooms, good amount of space in the kitchen, and still being close enough to everything else on campus.

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on who you gonna get in your flat. I prefer south courts to the quays tbh. Seems more clean and its closer to uni. Most of partying is going on on Campus and quays are a bit further to walk to. I would say go for the South Courts

ReputationRep:
    If you want it BIG on the social scene, choose North Towers A when you apply for accomodation as the people/bathroom ratio is smaller than in all other towers - Like mine right now is 3 people to a bathroom. You pay A HELL OF A LOT LESS then South Court and Quays and you still have the social side and the luxury of living with a small bathroomeople ratio.

ReputationRep:
    Its all about the south towers!!

ReputationRep:
    Nah man, North towers!

ReputationRep:
    South Courts is on campus, whereas Quays is about 15-20 minute walk from campus.
    I would generally say South Courts, I lived there in my first year and really loved it, plus its close to everything on campus

Here is a link to the accomdation available:
    http://www.essex.ac.uk/accommodation.../indexcol.shtm

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.